OIT Webcasting and Event Capture Services
Request video streaming of academic events, such as classes, symposia, or special lectures. The webcast will be hosted on a specially configured streaming video server and OIT will maintain a catalog page and links to the content; this page can be customized with client-provided graphics. Alternatively, direct links to the webcast can be provided so that clients may post their presentation URLs on their own webpage.
Contact Us about Webcasting Your Classes and Events
Helpful information on live streaming and event recording
Effective July 1, 2021, our updated cost model will be as follows:
- SET UP CHARGES DURING BUSINESS HOURS
$50 per hour fee for setup and teardown during business hours. A standard setup fee of 1 hour before and 1 hour after is applied to all events. Additional fees may apply for complex setups and rehearsals.
- SETUP CHARGES AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS
$75 per hour fee for setup and teardown after 5 pm & weekends. A standard setup fee of 1 hour before and 1 hour after is applied to all events. Additional fees may apply for complex setups and rehearsals.
- EVENT CHARGES DURING BUSINESS HOURS
$50 per hour during business hours for the duration the event is being recorded and live-streamed. Additional fees may apply for multi-camera captures.
- EVENT CHARGES AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS
$75 per hour after 5 pm and on weekends for the duration the event is being recorded and live-streamed. Additional fees may apply for multi-camera captures.
- SCHEDULED CLASS RECORDINGS
$200 flat fee for semester-long, scheduled recordings
- IN-PERSON CLASS RECORDINGS
$1500 flat fee for in-person, camera-operated, semester-long class recordings.
- Audio, video and VGA input (PC, document camera, etc.) can be captured simultaneously.
- VGA is captured as jpeg image slides.
- Video stream and slides are time stamped.
- Supported: Windows Media player. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers supported.
- Banner graphics, speaker pics, speaker bio and content description are all customizable.
- Catalog pages for classes or multi-session events can be created.
- Links to external content can be included.
- Upon request, the ability to submit questions via a web interface can be enabled.
- Archived sessions can be packaged into zip files and made available for download.
- Multiple bit rates and resolutions are available (standard is 380kbps at 320×240 video).