OIT Webcasting and Event Capture Services
Request video streaming of academic events, such as classes, symposia, or special lectures. The webcast will be hosted on a specially configured streaming video server and OIT will maintain a catalog page and links to the content. Direct links to the webcast can be provided so that clients may post their presentation URLs on their own webpage.
PLEASE NOTE: We require a minimum two weeks notice to accommodate webcasting event requests.
Contact Us About Webcasting Your Classes and Events
Helpful Information on Live Streaming and Event Recording
Effective July 1, 2021, our updated cost model will be as follows:
- SET UP CHARGES DURING BUSINESS HOURS
$50 per hour fee for setup and tear down during business hours. This typically takes 2-3 hours for a standard event. Additional fees may apply for complex setups and rehearsals.
- SETUP CHARGES AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS
$75 per hour fee for setup and tear down after 5 pm & weekends. This typically takes 2-3 hours for a standard event. Additional fees may apply for complex setups and rehearsals.
- EVENT CHARGES DURING BUSINESS HOURS
$50 per hour during business hours for the duration the event is being recorded and live-streamed. Additional fees may apply for multi-camera captures.
- EVENT CHARGES AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS
$75 per hour after 5 pm and on weekends for the duration the event is being recorded and live-streamed. Additional fees may apply for multi-camera captures.
- SCHEDULED CLASS RECORDINGS
$200 flat fee for semester-long, scheduled recordings
- IN-PERSON CLASS RECORDINGS
$1500 flat fee for in-person, camera-operated, semester-long class recordings.
- Audio, video, and HDMI input (PC, document camera, etc.) can be captured simultaneously.
- Video stream and slides are time stamped.
- Videos are playable on mobile and desktop browsers.
- Title slides, speaker photo, speaker biography, and content description are all customizable.
- Catalog pages for classes or multi-session events can be created.
- Links to external content can be included.
- Q&A via web form or webinar interface is available.