OIT Webcasting and Event Capture Services
Request video streaming of academic events, such as classes, symposia, or special lectures. The webcast will be hosted on a specially configured streaming video server and OIT will maintain a catalog page and links to the content. Direct links to the webcast can be provided so that clients may post their presentation URLs on their own webpage.
PLEASE NOTE: We require a minimum two weeks notice to accommodate webcasting event requests.
Contact Us About Webcasting Your Classes and Events
Ask your webcasting questions or get an estimate
Submit a webcasting request (must have dates and details ready)
Helpful Information on Live Streaming and Event Recording
Effective July 1, 2021, our updated cost model will be as follows:
- SET UP CHARGES DURING BUSINESS HOURS
$50 per hour fee for setup and tear down during business hours. This typically takes 2-3 hours for a standard event. Additional fees may apply for complex setups and rehearsals.
- SETUP CHARGES AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS
$75 per hour fee for setup and tear down after 5 pm & weekends. This typically takes 2-3 hours for a standard event. Additional fees may apply for complex setups and rehearsals.
- EVENT CHARGES DURING BUSINESS HOURS
$50 per hour during business hours for the duration the event is being recorded and live-streamed. Additional fees may apply for multi-camera captures.
- EVENT CHARGES AFTER HOURS & WEEKENDS
$75 per hour after 5 pm and on weekends for the duration the event is being recorded and live-streamed. Additional fees may apply for multi-camera captures.
- IN-PERSON CLASS RECORDINGS
$1500 flat fee for in-person, camera-operated, semester-long class recordings.
- Audio, video, and HDMI input (PC, document camera, etc.) can be captured simultaneously.
- Video stream and slides are time stamped.
- Videos are playable on mobile and desktop browsers.
- Title slides, speaker photo, speaker biography, and content description are all customizable.
- Catalog pages for classes or multi-session events can be created.
- Links to external content can be included.
- Q&A via web form or webinar interface is available.