Panopto is a cloud-based service that allows users to record, share, review, and edit video captures from their desktop, laptop, and mobile phones.
Panopto is now live!
Panopto is now available for use and is replacing Mediasite as the go-to lecture capture system for UT Knoxville. Stay tuned for upcoming training workshops, documentation, and guidance for the transition to the new platform. Look for more information in upcoming editions of OIT News.
- Ease of sharing, recording, and editing captured video content
- One-stop shop functionality within Canvas
- Automatic conversion of Zoom Cloud recordings to your Panopto Meeting Recordings folder
- Canvas and Zoom integration
- Record video presentations with slides from a browser or the Panopto Capture desktop application
- Manage and share recorded content within Canvas
- Upload and edit recordings and slides within Panopto
- Add captions to recordings
- Search recordings for what is said aloud and what is displayed in PowerPoint slides
- Engage with discussion threads during live events as well as Q&A and quizzes during pre-recorded events
- Save notes and bookmarks personalized to you within each video
- Training and documentation available directly from Panopto and OIT
- All Mediasite content automatically transferred to Panopto (re-linking of previous Mediasite content will be required)
- OIT Webcasting services will be powered by Panopto to deliver live and pre-recorded webcasts
What you need to do
- If you have content hosted via Mediasite, you will need to update those links within your course content or websites with new Panopto links
- Sign up for training workshops – they run through mid-February.
- Watch these overview videos from Panopto: