Panopto is a cloud-based service that allows users to record, share, review, and edit video captures from their desktop, laptop, and mobile phones.
Panopto Training Available
- Ease of sharing, recording, and editing captured video content
- One-stop shop functionality within Canvas
- Automatic conversion of Zoom Cloud recordings to your private Panopto Meeting Recordings folder after you start using Panopto.
- Canvas and Zoom integration
- Record video presentations with slides from a browser (Panopto Capture) or the Panopto Desktop Recorder application
- Manage and share recorded content within Canvas
- Upload and edit recordings and slides within Panopto
- Add captions to recordings
- Search recordings for what is said aloud and what is displayed in PowerPoint slides
- Engage with discussion threads during live events as well as Q&A and quizzes during pre-recorded events
- Save notes and bookmarks personalized to you within each video
- Training and documentation available directly from Panopto and OIT
- All Mediasite content automatically transferred to Panopto (re-linking of previous Mediasite content will be required)
- OIT Webcasting services will be powered by Panopto to deliver live and pre-recorded webcasts
What do you need to do?
I want to create and manage video outside of Canvas.
I need to digitize and host videos for my class.
- OIT’s Digital Media Services (DMS) provides support for instruction through the digitization and conversion of course materials into usable media formats. Videos are hosted for a limited time on secure, OIT supported hosting solutions (Panopto). Learn more about digitizing services and video hosting.
I want to record my classroom lectures.
I want to attend training or learn on my own.
For more information or to request training, contact the contact the OIT HelpDesk online or by phone at 865-974-9900.