OIT Engineering Services provides audiovisual support to the university, from the smallest wall-mounted monitor up to the Neyland Stadium Jumbotron.
Technology-Enhanced Classrooms (TEC)
Need immediate classroom help? Call 865-974-9110
If the problem cannot be fixed over the phone, a technician will be dispatched to your location.
Report an Issue
Training and Support
Request a one-on-one consultation and training and search for specific classroom features and detailed user guides.
Request a custom A/V system for your department’s needs, get the latest recommendations on projectors and other equipment, and ask about specific technologies you’re interested in.
Below are just some of the things we can make a part of your A/V system:
- Projectors and screens
- Flat panel displays
- Document cameras
- Sound systems with individual microphones and/or whole room microphones
- Camera systems to use with Zoom, Skype, Facetime, etc.
- Recording systems
- Wireless screen sharing to and from mobile devices and laptops
- Control systems so you don’t have to keep up with a bunch of remotes
Contact us via the OIT HelpDesk online to request a consultation, system design, and installation.
Interested in large, flat-panel displays for your lobby or building entrance? Do you need small displays for classroom or conference room schedules? Hypersign is the University’s standard platform for digital signage. Some features are:
- Cloud storage of all the content for your signs
- Management page that allows you to login from any computer and control all your signs
- Multiple layouts that allow you to show several different things at once on a single sign
- Load your own, custom images and videos
- Display webpages, twitter feeds, news feeds, weather, and more
- Connect to the campus Emergency Alert System. You sign will display EAS messages automatically, giving students, staff, and visitors critical information in the event of an emergency.
Contact the OIT HelpDesk online for pricing and options.
If your department is interested in adding security cameras, OIT can help. The campus has standardized on the Avigilon brand platform, and there are two steps to deploying cameras for your department.
- Go to the UT Police Department security cameras Check the campus procedure to understand all the policies related to security camera usage. Then, submit the camera approval form to UTPD for approval.
- If approved by UTPD, OIT will work with your department to design, install, and maintain a security camera system. Contact the OIT HelpDesk online or by phone at 865-974-9900 for pricing estimates.
Contact the OIT HelpDesk online for camera support or questions.
Contact OIT Engineering Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.
All UT Entities.
Faculty, Staff, Departments, and official campus organizations
This service is available during normal business hours when the University is open for business, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Special Event support is provided with prior arrangement.
Estimates are provided upon request.