LinkedIn Learning is an online video platform led by industry experts from around the world. It is easy to use and accessible any time from any device. You can log in using your University of Tennessee NetID and password.
With over 13,000 technology, creative, and business courses, you’ll build the skills you need to succeed. LinkedIn Learning includes all the content from Lynda.com and much more.
- New Look, Same Content – LinkedIn Learning offers the same high-quality library of on-demand, expert-led instructional videos as Lynda.com.
- Automatic Carryover – Your Lynda.com learning history, account info, and certifications will be waiting for you in LinkedIn Learning.
- Flexible Learning – Watch instructional videos on any device, on and offline at your convenience.
- Personalized Learning – Curate your experience with trending skills in your field based on your likes and what your colleagues are watching.
- User-Friendly Interface – Find and view content more quickly and easily with an improved interface.
- Ability to Stay Ahead – Insights from 575 million users help predict learning trends that will empower you to learn more.
- Connection to LinkedIn Profile – LinkedIn Learning offers the option to automatically update your LinkedIn profile with the courses you take.
Still have questions? Learn the basics of LinkedIn Learning here.
Connect to LinkedIn Profile
This optional step will allow users to connect their LinkedIn Learning accounts with their LinkedIn profiles. This will allow for further customization, including course recommendations based on job title, skills and industry. Linking profiles will also help you discover relevant learning content via your LinkedIn feed.
You must be an active University of Tennessee student, faculty, or staff member to use LinkedIn Learning.
- Access LinkedIn Learning through linkedinlearning.utk.edu
- Sign in with your NetID and NetID password.
- Complete a short enrollment process the first time you access the new platform.
- If you have an existing LinkedIn account, you may choose to connect it with your new LinkedIn Learning account, to highlight your training and certifications on your LinkedIn profile.
- You DO NOT have to link your accounts and can choose to skip this step.
- Once you finish this short activation process, you’ll have full access to all that LinkedIn Learning has to offer.
Frequently asked questions about LinkedIn Learning
Yes, downloading of LinkedIn Learning courses and videos is available on mobile devices. Simply download the LIL app to your device. Log on to LIL in the app. Find the course / video you wish to download. Click the Download button on the left side of the screen. You can now watch the video without a connection.
To assign videos you will need to contact the HelpDesk and request Sub-Admin permissions. To learn more about being a Sub-Admin, Creating groups, Assigning courses, and videos, please visit this link.
Simply contact the HelpDesk online or by calling 865-974-9900 and tell them that you would like your LinkedIn Learning account upgraded to Sub-Admin.
Help with LinkedIn Learning
Schedule an Online Consultations: If you need help using LinkedIn Learning during the Spring 2020 semester, schedule a one-on-one consultation via Zoom.
Live workshops with a professional trainer from the Office of Information Technology. Click Here to learn more.
Requested Training Classes: The office of Information Technology provided faculty and staff with the option of having a trainer come to their classes/offices and present training on requested topics.