Welcome to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville!
We’re here to help you with all of the technology services you will use on campus. Whether it’s connecting to the wireless network, accessing software (for personal and school use), learning a new skill, or more, we can help!
About Your NetID
All faculty and staff are assigned a Network ID (NetID) when they start working at UT. Your NetID is the username associated with your University of Tennessee accounts and is the first part of your University email address, e.g. your-NetID@utk.edu.
About Your UT Email account
Official University communication is sent to your Office 365 account (e.g., email from the Chancellor, Provost, or pay statements, all Online@UT communication, etc.).
Connect to the UT network
There are 3 steps to getting online at UT: choose a network, register your device, and classify your device.
Request departmental office phones, cell phones, long distance code, and other voice services, set up a conference call with Zoom, and find user guides for all phone services.
Just for Faculty
OIT has many resources available to help you in the classroom. Learn more about what services and resources we offer faculty, including:
- Online@UT (Canvas)
- Personal Response Systems (Clickers)
- Technology-Enhanced Classrooms
- Instructional Design Consulting
- Research Computing Support
- Teaching Tools
OIT offers a wide range of technology services and resources. We’ve highlighted a few below. Learn more about all the services offered on the OIT website.
- Desktop Support: Computer and mobile device support
- Workshops and Training: Hands-on, face-to-face workshops, and online training
- Online Storage and Collaboration: OIT offers several solutions for storing your files and collaborating with colleagues, including Office 365 and G-Suite
- Computer purchases: Each college, department, or institute at UTK can place a hardware order with any vendor that has an active UTK hardware contract. Some vendors allow faculty, staff, and students to make personal purchases as well.
- Software/Applications available to faculty, and staff: UT students, faculty, and staff can get access to many software packages through their connection to the university, often at a reduced cost or no additional charge.
- Web Hosting: Personal and organization sites