Looking for a trouble ticketing system? Does your department have an IT need that is beyond the services that OIT provides to the University of Tennessee? Find out how IT Service Management can help you.
Incident and Problem Management
There are two types of solutions OIT can provide.
- IT Departments may use the OIT solution and requests may be escalated from the OIT HelpDesk to your team (no customization). Fees for this option will be licensing costs only.
- Your department may create your own ticketing solution, using the same software that OIT uses for trouble tickets, called Footprints. Footprints can be configured for your specific needs. The department will receive their own workspace, implementation engagement, and training. Departments must designate a workspace administrator* to administer the workspace. Fees for this option included:
- Initial Setup and Training, $2000
- Custom Web Form, $1000 (Optional)
- Annual Support, $1000
- Licensing Charges (see below)
*Workspace administrators must have a named license.
- Concurrent use license: $30 per user per year
- Named License: Purchase price plus annual maintenance (December 2015 costs: $650 plus $128/year)
Contact the Footprints Administrators for more information about how OIT can help.
Service Level Management/Service Level Agreements
OIT can provide additional IT support for your department. Examples include:
- System Administration for your departmental server
- Web application development – Talk to OIT about developing a web based application and hosting it on one of OIT’s web application servers
- Server colocation – Use OIT’s datacenter for your physical server hardware.
Contact the OIT Helpdesk to start a discussion on how OIT and your department can work together on an IT solution.
Knoxville Area, including UT Knoxville, UT System, Institute of Public Service, and Institute of Agriculture.
This service is available during normal business hours when the University is open for business, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.