The OIT HelpDesk is the first point of contact for OIT support, services, and applications, including email, MyUTK, OIT accounts, Desktop Support, Microsoft Office, Security, and much, much more.
You can contact the HelpDesk several ways:
- Call the OIT HelpDesk at 865-974-9900 (available 24/7).
- Visit the Walk-In HelpDesk in the Commons at Hodges Library for face-to-face IT support (see Walk-In HelpDesk hours).
- Submit a Help Request via the web at help.utk.edu.
- Chat with the OIT HelpDesk at oit.utk.edu/chat/.
- Research your problem online using the OIT Knowledge Base.
Note: The OIT HelpDesk is closed for University holidays and administrative closings.
What can we help you with?
- Get help with OIT Applications such as MyUTK, Online@UT, and Volmail
- Troubleshoot problems on UT-owned computers
- Troubleshoot problems on student-owned computers
- Report a problem with the UT wired or wireless network
- Request a Research Consulting appointment
- Ask questions about your UT-issued password(s)
If your department is looking for a remote support tool, we offer BeyondTrust Remote Support (Bomgar) for a nominal fee.
Knoxville Area, including UT Knoxville, UT System, Institute of Public Service, and Institute of Agriculture.
Faculty, Staff, and Students