The HelpDesk is the first point of contact for OIT support, services, and applications, including email, MyUTK, NetID, Duo Two-Factor, Microsoft Office, desktop support, security, and much more.
You can contact the HelpDesk several ways:
- Call the HelpDesk at 865-974-9900.
- Visit the Walk-In HelpDesk in the Commons @ Hodges for Face-to-Face IT Support. See OIT Service Center Hours for complete hours of operation.
- Submit a Help Request through our online form.
- Chat with the OIT HelpDesk at oit.utk.edu/chat/.
- Research your problem online using the HelpDesk Knowledge Base.
Note: The OIT HelpDesk is closed for University holidays and administrative closings.
What can we help you with?
- Get help with OIT Applications such as MyUTK, Online@UT, and Volmail
- Troubleshoot problems on UT-owned computers
- Troubleshoot problems on student-owned computers
- Report a problem with the UT wired or wireless network
- Request a Research Consulting appointment
- Ask questions about your UT-issued password(s)
If your department is looking for a remote support tool, we offer BeyondTrust Remote Support (Bomgar) for a nominal fee.
Phone Support: 24/7
Walk-In Support: See hours
Email: Same as Walk-In hours
OIT Knowledge Base (online resource): 24/7
Contact by phone at 865-974-1000, Monday – Friday, 8am-5:00pm (Eastern)
Knoxville Area, including UT Knoxville, UT System, Institute of Public Service, and Institute of Agriculture.
Faculty, Staff, and Students