LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) is the UT-branded name for the software used to deliver live, interactive classes via the Internet.
Macs and Microsoft Outlook Calendar Integration
Are you a Mac user and engaging the Zoom Outlook Plugin for calendar integration? If so, we’d like to share the following information.
- Microsoft will stop supporting the Zoom for Mac Outlook Plug-In in May 2021.
- As an alternative, download and install the Zoom Outlook Add-In. Please follow the steps below. For more information on why Microsoft is disabling the plugin, please reference this Microsoft support article.
Note: The Outlook plugin for Windows is not being retired and will continue to function as usual. The plugin is not required for the use of Zoom on a device; it is an optional calendar integration tool.
Get the Add In by selecting “Get Add Ins” on the ribbon and search for the Zoom add-in. Add it, and you may be prompted to authenticate. When creating a new meeting in Outlook, select the “Add a Zoom Meeting” button on the ribbon. For Outlook on the Web, click on the Zoom icon. The Zoom invite will be added to the invitation.
If you are not signed into Zoom, you’ll be prompted to log in. Be sure to log in to your UTK account by following these instructions:
- Select Sign In and then Sign In with SSO.
- Enter the word tennessee (lower case) as the domain. The remainder of the domain is provided for you (zoom.us).
- Select Continue to save the entry and advance to the next step.
- When prompted, log in with your NetID user name and password.
Keep Up-to-Date with Software Updates
For the best user experience, be sure to stay up-to-date with software updates. The latest update often includes feature enhancements and service patches that improve application functionality.
To update the Zoom desktop application:
- Log in to the desktop application.
- Select the profile image at the top-right of the application window (this could be your initials or a profile picture that you have uploaded).
- Choose the option to Check for Updates and follow the prompts on screen.
Get Help with Zoom
- Contact the OIT HelpDesk online or by phone at 865-974-9900.
- Search for key terms and the latest troubleshooting tips in the OIT Knowledge Base.
- Review the sections for Instructors and Students, including resources and best practices, via the menu on the right.
- Contact the LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) team during your class by calling 865-974-3117 or 1-877-974-3117 (toll free).
Join Our Email List
Sign up for LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) email notifications. Email addresses are not shared, and notifications are sent only as needed. Sign up today!