LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) is the UT-branded name for the software used to deliver live, interactive classes via the Internet.
New Zoom App for Chromebooks
If you are a Chromebook user and engage Zoom, there’s a new app for your device. Zoom recommends downloading and installing their new Zoom for Chrome PWA application for use with Chromebooks. Select this link to install the Zoom for Chrome PWA application.
For more information on the Zoom for Chrome PWA application, please review this article for tips on getting started.
Keep Up-to-Date with Software Updates
For the best user experience, be sure to stay up-to-date with software updates. The latest update often includes feature enhancements and service patches that improve application functionality.
To update the Zoom desktop application:
- Log in to the desktop application.
- Select the profile image at the top-right of the application window (this could be your initials or a profile picture that you have uploaded).
- Choose the option to Check for Updates and follow the prompts on screen.
Get Help with Zoom
- Submit a ticket for our team online or contact us by phone at 865-974-9900.
- Search for key terms and the latest troubleshooting tips in the OIT Knowledge Base.
- Review the sections for Instructors and Students, including resources and best practices, via the menu on the left.
- Contact the LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) team during your class by calling 865-974-3117 or 1-877-974-3117 (toll free).
Join Our Email List
Sign up for LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) email notifications. Email addresses are not shared, and notifications are sent only as needed. Sign up today!