The first step to getting started with LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) is to create or activate your UT-Zoom account. Next, setup the desktop application (or, use the web interface) and you’re ready to start Zooming!
The following Getting Started tips have been provided to help you prepare for using the online meeting application.
Activate your LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) account:
- Be sure to activate your LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) account on our Zoom page. Click the icon to Create or Edit Account, and log in with your NetID and password. A Zoom Basic account will be provisioned for you.
- If you are an instructor, do you need a Zoom Pro level account? All new accounts will start at the Zoom Basic account level. If you need a Zoom Pro level account, contact us at 865-974-9900 or contact the OIT HelpDesk online. Details about the Zoom Basic and Zoom Pro accounts are listed below.
Zoom Basic Accounts – users may host unlimited meetings of 40 minutes in duration with up to 100 participants.
Zoom Pro Accounts – users may host unlimited meetings with unlimited duration with up to 100 participants.
Set up the Zoom Desktop Application:
You may choose to use the web interface by logging into our Zoom page (select “Create or Edit Account” to login), or, use the Zoom desktop application to schedule and lead meetings. To setup the desktop application, please follow the steps below.
- Download and install the Zoom application (A download link is available on our Zoom page).
- Click the Zoom icon on the desktop
- Select Sign In
- Select Sign In with SSO (PC) or Login with SSO (Mac)
- Enter the word tennessee (lower case) to complete the domain name of tennessee.zoom.us. (The zoom.us part of the domain may be provided for you on the screen.)
- Select Continue
- Log in with your NetID and password and the Zoom meeting application will open