What are Technology-Enhanced Classrooms?
Technology-Enhanced Classrooms (TEC) are any classroom that has technology in the room. This could range from projectors, document cameras, to WolfVision Cynaps.
Cynaps are a new Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) technology coming to many classrooms. For more information, see our Cynap page.
Help for Technology-Enhanced Classrooms
- Sign up for a hands-on workshop.
- Ask for a one-on-one consultation by contacting the OIT HelpDesk at (865) 974-9900.
- See the Troubleshooting page for common issues instructors experience.
More than 300 classrooms across campus have accessible teaching technologies. Almost every classroom contains:
- Laptop connection (VGA or HDMI)
- Projector system
- Internet Access (Ethernet or Wireless)
- Sound System
Other classrooms contain:
- Cynap (Bring Your Own Device system)
- Document Camera
- DVD Player
- Epson Interactive Projector
- SMART Board or Podium (Note: Smartboards are gradually being replaced with Cynaps and/or Interactive Projectors)
To find specific information for your classroom, check out the helpful links available via MyUTK under the My Services section:
- Classroom Search allows you to search a variety of classroom features, such as what technology is available in your classroom, as well as furniture.
- AdAstra Room Scheduling allows you to search timetables for all the scheduled classrooms around campus by selecting Calendars from the tab and going to Scheduling Grids.
SMART Notebook Downloads
UTK no longer has a contract for SMART Notebook software, but you may still download it for use in classrooms that still have SMART devices. You can run the software in limited mode and still be able to use the annotation features.
Downloads are provided by SMART Technologies from the web links below:
Register to Use UT’s Network
To access UT’s wired or wireless network, please register your personal computer (OIT). Registration is required in order to be able to connect to the internet.