Help for Technology-Enhanced Classrooms
- Sign up for a hands-on workshop.
- Ask for a one-on-one consultation by contacting the OIT HelpDesk at (865) 974-9900.
- View the QuickStart guide for using the projector as well as downloading the SMART Notebook software.
- See the Troubleshooting page for common issues instructors experience.
More than 300 classrooms across campus have accessible teaching technologies. Almost every classroom contains:
- Laptop connection (VGA or HDMI)
- Projector system
- Internet Access (Ethernet or Wireless)
- Sound System
Other classrooms contain:
- Cynap (Bring Your Own Device system)
- Document Camera
- DVD Player
- Epson Interactive Projector
- SMART Board or Podium
To find specific information for your classroom, check out the helpful links available via MyUTK under the My Services section:
- Classroom Search allows you to search a variety of classroom features, such as what technology is available in your classroom, as well as furniture.
- AdAstra Room Scheduling allows you to search timetables for all the scheduled classrooms around campus by selecting Calendars from the tab and going to Scheduling Grids.
SMART Notebook Downloads
SMART Notebook software has a variety of features such as the ability to annotate slides and present interactively with SMART devices from your laptop.
Downloads are provided by SMART Technologies from the web links below:
Register to Use UT’s Network
To access UT’s wired or wireless network, please register your personal computer (OIT). Registration is required in order to be able to connect to the internet.