Help for Technology-Enhanced Classrooms
These days, most classrooms have technology. We’re here to help with all the technology you may find in a typical Technology-Enhanced Classroom (TEC) such as projectors, document cameras, and WolfVision Cynaps. We can also help you incorporate technology into your teaching style.
- Sign up for a drop-in consulting session.
- Ask for a one-on-one consultation in your classroom by contacting the OIT HelpDesk at (865) 974-9900.
- See the Troubleshooting page for common issues instructors experience.
More than 300 classrooms across campus have accessible teaching technologies. Almost every classroom contains:
- Laptop connection (VGA and/or HDMI)
(Check out this article on What’s the Difference Between HDMI and VGA?)
- You may need an adapter for your laptop.
(Check out the article on What Adapter Do I Need for My Laptop)
- Projector system
- Internet Access (Ethernet or Wireless)
- Sound System
- AMX Control Panel
Want to learn more about AMX Panels?
Other classrooms contain:
- Cynap (Bring Your Own Device system)
- Document Camera – check out the intro video
- DVD Player
- Epson Interactive Projector
SMART Notebook Downloads
UTK no longer has a contract for SMART Notebook software, but you may still download it for use in classrooms that still have SMART devices. You can run the software in limited mode and still be able to use the annotation features.
Downloads are provided by SMART Technologies from the web link below: