What Are Your Clicker Options?
1Mobile Only (Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer)
2 Hybrid (Mobile + Physical)
|Student licenses are included in TechFee||Student licenses are included in TechFee||Student licenses are included in TechFee|
|Answer questions via app (iOS or Android) or website.||Answer questions via app (iOS or Android) or website or students can use a physical clicker.||Students must purchase hardware, can be purchased at VolShop. Faculty need to inform VolShop of physical clicker requirement.|
|Faculty do not need any additional hardware, download TurningPoint software and enable mobile polling to get started.||Faculty do need a USB receiver and enable mobile polling.||Faculty need an instructor kit in addition to the TurningPoint software.|
How to Get Clicker Software
TurningPoint 8.x software is needed to use clickers. Login to your Turning Technologies account at the Turning Technologies’ website. From the top menu, select Downloads, then select the correct operating system under TurningPoint 8.
How to Link TurningPoint to Canvas
- Canvas and TurningPoint Documentation & TurningPoint Video Tutorial
Instructions for registering your account & authenticating Canvas.
NOTE: Your classes will not show on the new Turning Account instructor screen until they are published in Canvas.
- Canvas Module
Instructions for setting up Canvas so your students can properly link their clicker with your class.
How to Enable Mobile Responses
- Enable Mobile Response Instructions
Note: In a completely mobile device class, no additional hardware is needed. In a hybrid (mobile + physical clicker) environment, you will need a USB receiver plugged in and to enable mobile responses to receive all students responses.
Where to Get Clicker Training
The options for training are:
- Turning Technologies webinars
Explore the latest news, expert advice and tips with interactive learning resources.
- OIT-led face-to-face training
Check the list of upcoming clicker workshops or drop-in consultations to register for on-campus training.
- Self-paced online tutorials
Watch online video tutorials to learn about the different uses of TurningPoint in class.
How to setup for students
- Add the Turning Technologies Account Registration Module to Canvas. Click on the link to setup your account and manage your clicker courses.
- Notify your students of the clicker requirements, either mobile, physical or allowing both.
- Instruct all students to click on the Turning Technologies Account Registration Module in Canvas to link their acccounts.
- Use TurningPoint in your course via PowerPoint, Anywhere Polling, or Self-paced polling.
Faculty wishing to use TurningPoint with physical clickers or a mix of physical clickers and mobile in their classes will need an instructor kit and a Turning Account. See account registration instructions. The kits are provided at the face-to-face training or you can request a kit via the OIT Helpdesk.