Student Computer Support
Student Computer Support offers support for your personal computer as a drop-off service or quick-help service. Services include:
- Reloading an Operating System
- Removing viruses and spyware
- Installing Boot Camp/Parallels
- Accessing UT’s wireless network
- Installing software
Check out the OIT Computer Labs website for more information about
- Location of OIT computer labs
- Hardware and software available in the labs
- Hours of operation
Apps@UT, located at apps.utk.edu, is our cloud computing solution which allows you to run software remotely, without actually having that software installed on your own computer. You can use this system from any Windows, Macintosh, or Linux computer as well as Apple or Android mobile devices.
You have three options for file storage.
- T-Storage, OIT’s on-premise solution
- Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business, included in your Office 356 account
- Google Drive, included in your G-Suite account
IT Workshops and Training
OIT technology workshops are available to UTK students. The UT Technology Fee covers unlimited workshops throughout the semester; just sign up with your NetID and password.
P2P File Sharing
File sharing is a general term for sharing digital files electronically. These files could be music or other audio recordings, movies, television shows, games or other computer software, or any other type of digital file.