Canvas is the official learning management system. OIT offers faculty assistance setting up and supporting their classes in Canvas.
Personal Response Systems (Clickers)
TurningPoint is the personal response (clicker) solution for the University of Tennessee.
OIT supports 300+ technology-enhanced classrooms.
Learn more about getting started, training, and the technology available in the classrooms.
Instructional Design Consulting
OIT offers instruction design, development, and support to faculty. Our team can assist you with instructional design and content organization, online syllabus design, student engagement, flipped/hybrid/online course design, accessibility, universal design for learning, and much more.
- Learn more about OIT’s instructional design and development services
- Learn more about OIT’s teaching strategies and best practices
- Access the Online Instructor Toolkit
- Learn more about OIT’s grant opportunities for faculty and GTA’s
Research Computer Support
OIT can help you plan your research, acquire and analyze data, and report results.
- Learn more about research computer support
- Learn more about research software available to you
- Learn more about web surveys
There are a number of ways OIT’s Training department can help you prepare for your classes.
- Workshops for you. OIT technology workshops will teach you the skills you need for your classes. Whether you need to brush up on Canvas or your Excel skills, our hands-on workshops offer face-to-face instruction to better prepare you.
- Workshops for your students. Additionally, we offer student-focused workshops for your students who need a bit more technology guidance.
- On-demand consultations. If our workshops don’t fit your schedule, you — or your students — can schedule a one-on-one consultation. We are available to answer your technology concerns or lead a workshop, at your convenience.
- We can teach your class! OIT trainers are also available to come into your class for workshops or presentations. We offer a wide ranges of subjects from presentation techniques, digital note-taking, online collaboration tools, and software skills.
OIT provides a wide array of tools to help you in the classroom.
- LiveOnline@UT (Zoom): video-conferencing tool that is geared toward various online collaboration needs, such as synchronous online learning, online meetings, and webinars
- Digital Media Services
- Online Productivity with Office 365 and G-Suite
- Exam Scanning and Scoring (Scantron)