See all Instructional Support services
Download OIT Instructional Support Flyer (Fall 2021 Edition)
Canvas is the official learning management system. OIT offers faculty assistance setting up and supporting their classes in Canvas.
Personal Response Systems (Clickers)
TurningPoint is the personal response (clicker) solution for the University of Tennessee.
OIT supports 300+ technology-enhanced classrooms.
Learn more about getting started, training, and the technology available in the classrooms.
Instructional Design Consulting
OIT offers instruction design, development, and support to faculty. Our team can assist you with instructional design and content organization, online syllabus design, student engagement, flipped/hybrid/online course design, accessibility, universal design for learning, and much more.
OIT can help you plan your research, acquire and analyze data, and report results.
High Performance and Scientific Computing
The High Performance & Scientific Computing group provides research computing resources and services to the University community. The resources provided include the newly branded Infrastructure for Scientific Applications and Advanced Computing, or ISAAC for short. ISAAC includes resources for research involving non-sensitive information and sensitive information named ISAAC Open Enclave and ISAAC Secure Enclave, respectively.
Learn more about High Performance & Scientific Computing
There are a number of ways OIT’s Training department can help you prepare for your classes.
- Workshops for you. OIT technology workshops will teach you the skills you need for your classes. Whether you need to brush up on Canvas or your Excel skills, our hands-on workshops offer face-to-face instruction to better prepare you.
- Workshops for your students. Additionally, we offer student-focused workshops for your students who need a bit more technology guidance.
- On-demand consultations. If our workshops don’t fit your schedule, you — or your students — can schedule a one-on-one consultation. We are available to answer your technology concerns or lead a workshop, at your convenience.
- We can teach your class! OIT trainers are also available to come into your class for workshops or presentations. We offer a wide range of subjects from presentation techniques, digital note-taking, online collaboration tools, and software skills.
Let us help you! Learn more about OIT training.
OIT provides a wide array of tools to help you in the classroom.
- LiveOnline@UT (Zoom): a video-conferencing tool that is geared toward various online collaboration needs, such as synchronous online learning, online meetings, and webinars
- Digital Media Services
- Online Productivity with Microsoft 365 and Google
- Exam Scanning and Scoring
Learn more about these teaching tools