Canvas is the official learning management system. OIT offers faculty assistance setting up and supporting their classes in Canvas.
Personal Response Systems (Clickers)
TurningPoint is the personal response (clicker) solution for the University of Tennessee.
OIT supports 300+ technology-enhanced classrooms.
Learn more about getting started, training, and the technology available in the classrooms
OIT offers instructional design, development, and support to faculty. Our team can assist you with your Canvas course and content organization, online syllabus design, student engagement, flipped/hybrid/online course design, accessibility, universal design for learning, and much more.
There are a number of ways OIT’s Training department can help you prepare for your classes.
- Workshops for you. OIT technology workshops will teach you the skills you need for your classes. Whether you need to brush up on Canvas or your Excel skills, our hands-on workshops offer face-to-face instruction to better prepare you.
- Workshops for your students. Additionally, we offer student-focused workshops for your students who need a bit more technology guidance.
- On-demand consultations. If our workshops don’t fit your schedule, you — or your students — can schedule a one-on-one consultation. We are available to answer your technology concerns or lead a workshop, at your convenience.
- We can teach your class! OIT trainers are also available to come into your class for workshops or presentations. We offer a wide range of subjects from presentation techniques, digital note-taking, online collaboration tools, and software skills.
Let us help you! Learn more about OIT training
Teaching & Learning Technologies
OIT provides a wide array of tools to help you in the classroom.
- LiveOnline@UT (Zoom): a video-conferencing tool that is geared toward various online collaboration needs, such as synchronous online learning, online meetings, and webinars
- Digital Media Services
- Online Productivity with Microsoft 365 and Google
- Exam Scanning and Scoring
Learn more about these teaching and learning technologies