The focus of this document is accessing the Secure Enclave. This document assumes you currently possess a valid user account on the Secure Enclave, have access to a project on Secure Enclave, and have familiarity with remote access methods.
Prerequisites for Access
Please note that the Secure Enclave Citrix environment is used to access the Secure Enclave. Please view the video below for instructions on how the access the UT Secure Enclave. For text-based instructions, please review the steps outlined below th e video player.
In addition to a web browser, you will need the Duo app on your mobile device. For iOS users, download the app from the Apple App Store. For Android users, download it from the Google Play store. For more information on Duo, please visit their website.
Connecting to the Secure Enclave
Follow these steps to access the UT Secure Enclave. The video above demonstrates the login process.
- Open a browser of your choice and access the Citrix Secure Enclave website.
- Login to the Secure Enclave with your NetID and NetID password, then authenticate with Duo TFA.
- This will give you access to either a project Virtual Machine (VM) via the Desktop Menu or SSH access to the Secure Enclave login nodes using the PuTTY application in the Citrix Apps Menu. (See the video for VM access instructions)
- To access the HPC resources, open the putty app and provide the hostname for the Secure Enclave login node.
- Authenticate with your NetID, NetID password, and Duo TFA using SSH via putty.
Troubleshooting Login Issues
Accounts that are not used for one year are disabled. If you believe your account has been disabled due to inactivity, please contact the OIT Help Desk (https://help.utk.edu).
If you know your current NetID password and desire to change it, navigate to the password management page and log in. Once you authenticate with your username, password, and Duo, continue through the account protection prompt. Specify a new password that complies with UT’s password policies and accept the AUP (acceptable use policy) to change your NetID password.
If you do not know your current NetID password and desire to change it, navigate to the password reset page. Provide the necessary information to authenticate, then continue through the account protection prompt. Provide a new password that complies with UT’s password policies and accept the AUP to change your NetID password.
If you continue to have issues with your NetID password, please submit a ticket to the OIT HelpDesk.
At the time of this writing, the Secure Enclave does not support X11 forwarding.