How to acknowledge the use of HPSC resources in Publications
The computational work supported—wholly or in part—by High Performance Scientific Computing (HPSC)resources, shall acknowledge the contribution in publications. Publications may include, but are not limited to, journal articles, organizational reports, organizational training or educational materials, theses or dissertations, research presentations (i.e., research posters, virtual presentations of research, visual aids, etc.) or reports (i.e., essays, assignments, etc.). HPSC resources include, but are not limited to: Infrastructure for Scientific Applications and Advanced Computing (ISAAC) systems (i.e., hardware, storage, networking, software), and/or human resources (i.e., HPSC staff professional expertise and/or assistance).
In your publication, did an HPSC staff member substantially contribute to the:
- Writing of the publication, or
- The publication includes a significant amount of work contributed by a HPSC staff member (i.e., the HPSC staff member edited, created, or contributed sections of text, provided/created code or scripts, assisted with development or optimization of scripts, code, or software, etc.)
If either of these two circumstances applies to your publication, then the HPSC staff member(s) shall be included as a co-author or contributor on that publication. Author order will be negotiated among the co-authors.
The following templates are examples that can be used when acknowledging HPSC contributions in publications.
- A publication that is based—wholly or in part—on work performed using ISAAC resources, should incorporate the below text into the “Acknowledgements” portion of the publication. Example: “[A portion of] the computation for this work was performed on the computational resources at the Infrastructure for Scientific Applications and Advanced Computing (ISAAC)supported by the University of Tennessee.”
- If any HPSC staff member(s) assisted with the work associated with the contents of the publication, staff members shall be specifically credited, and the here is a suggested format of acknowledgement: Example: “The authors acknowledge High Performance Scientific Computing (HPSC)Director Victor Hazlewood at the University of Tennessee for valuable guidance and support for this work.”
- Or if work was generally supported by the whole HPSC team (team supported use of resources), here is a suggested format of acknowledgement: Example: “The authors acknowledge the High Performance Scientific Computing (HPSC)team at the University of Tennessee for providing computational resources and technical support for this work.”