Welcome to the LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Participant resources page. Please explore the following information for participants in a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) online classroom or online meeting, including the Participant Guide listed below.
- An account is not necessary to attend a Zoom online classroom or online meeting.
- To attend, the instructor or meeting leader should provide you with one of two items. The following information may be sent via email, appear in your course site, or appear in the course syllabus.
- A link to the meeting, or,
- The meeting ID.
Getting Started Tips for Students and Meeting Participants
- Review the System Requirements page before your first online class or online meeting.
- Attend a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Test Flight to experience the online classroom environment before the semester begins. During a Test Flight, participants have an opportunity to ask questions and test their audio and video (webcam) devices. For more information about Test Flights, review the System Requirements page.
- To contact us, submit a ticket online at https://help.utk.edu or call us at (865) 974-9900.
Quick Start Guides
LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Mobile Apps
For the best user experience of the available high-definition features of Zoom, we recommend attending from a desktop or laptop computer. However, there are mobile apps available for both iOS and Android devices.
If you are invited to an online classroom or online meeting and you choose to attend from a mobile device, you will be prompted to download and install the mobile app after selecting the meeting link. The meeting link may be posted online or sent to you via email by the instructor or meeting leader.
Supported Tablets and Devices
- Surface Pro 2 running Win 8.1
- iOS and Android Devices
- Blackberry Devices