Need webcasting or event capture services?
Request video streaming of academic events, such as classes, symposia, or special lectures. The webcast will be hosted on a specially configured streaming video server and OIT will maintain a catalog page and links to the content; this page can be customized with client-provided graphics. Alternatively, direct links to the webcast can be provided so that clients may post presentation URLs on their own webpage.
To request webcasting services, contact the OIT HelpDesk online.
Effective July 1, 2017, our updated cost model will be as follows:
- Semester Long Class – $1,500/camera for the semester.
- Installed Mediasite System Administration – $200/semester/recorder. Prior, there was no charge for remote Mediasite administration. However, class setup and typical maintenance average 4 hours of labor each semester.
- Single webcast session – $50/hour/camera. Two cameras would be $100/hour.
- Setup charge – $25 setup fee. Technicians require at least 30 minutes of setup time.
- Off hour/weekend webcasting services – $75/hour/camera.
- Customized webcast wrapper – $50. A standard wrapper is included at no additional cost.
- Audio, video and VGA input (PC, document camera, etc.) can be captured simultaneously.
- VGA is captured as jpeg image slides.
- Video stream and slides are time stamped.
- Supported: Windows Media player and Silverlight. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers supported.
- Banner graphics, speaker pics, speaker bio and content description are all customizable.
- Catalog pages for classes or multi-session events can be created.
- Links to external content can be included.
- Upon request, the ability to submit questions via a web interface can be enabled.
- Archived sessions can be packaged into zip files and made available for download.
- Multiple bit rates and resolutions are available (standard is 380kbps at 320×240 video).