Creative Cloud, Captivate, and Presenter are included in the Adobe contract. Licensing for all three is based on specific, named users, and requires UT to assign licenses to a specific employee for all products. This offering is available for departmental purchase only.
Benefits of the named license
- Ability to use the software on 2 different computers, one of which may be a home computer.
- Most active faculty, staff, and student employees are eligible. See the eligibility requirements.
- Departments may purchase licenses for use by their student employees engaged in departmental (non-academic) work.
Purchasing Adobe Licenses for Creative Cloud, Captivate, and Presenter
- Creative Cloud*: $110/year* per NetID or lab computer.
- Captivate: $349/year per NetID
- Presenter: $149/year per NetID
Send email to Voltech@utk.edu and include the following information:
- Type of License: Creative Cloud, Captivate, or Presenter.
- Individual Licenses: Name, NetID, and affiliation for the named license. Verify the NetID in the online directory to ensure accurate assignment of the license.
- Student Computer Labs and Staff Training Labs: Operating system, NetID for the lab manager, and location of the lab. Available for Creative Cloud Only.
- Indicate if this order is a new license or a renewal.
- Departmental Account Number
Installing Creative Cloud in a student computer lab
Named licensing is required for departments who support a student computer lab or a staff training lab. Eligible faculty, staff, and students can log in to use Adobe Creative Cloud. Departments must purchase Creative Cloud for the cost of one license per machine. Note that dual-boot machines will require a license for both operating systems
About Captivate and Presenter
Once the Captivate and Presenter licenses are assigned, you will receive installation instructions by email. Once you download and install the software, sign in following the instructions in Step 2 below.
*Creative Cloud Pricing is valid for UT Knoxville departmental purchases only.
If you are with the Health Science Center, UT Chattanooga, or UT Martin, please check with your respective HelpDesk for additional information.
If you are with the UT System Administration, Institute of Agriculture, or the Institute of Public Service, please check with your respective Chief Information Officer for additional information.
Getting Started with Creative Cloud
UTK Staff: Once you have purchased your Creative Cloud license from VolTech and received the confirmation email from Adobe, follow the instructions below to download and install the Creative Cloud applications.
Step 1: Remove your old Acrobat and Creative Cloud applications
Before you install the new applications, please remove any Creative Cloud application, including Acrobat, from your computer.
Step 2: Sign into Adobe.com
Sign in at adobe.com with your NetID@tennessee.edu username to download, install, and access the Creative Cloud applications.
Step 3: Install the Creative Cloud Desktop App
Before you can install any of the individual applications, you must first install the Creative Cloud Desktop App.
Step 4: Install the Creative Cloud Applications
With the Creative Cloud Desktop App, you can pick and choose which Creative Cloud applications to install on your computer.
Step 5: Sign Out
When you close an application or turn off your computer, you will not be automatically logged out of your Adobe session.
- If you are using a shared computer, don’t forget to log out of your Adobe applications once you have completed your work.
- You may have 2 concurrent sessions for your Creative Cloud applications. Log off one of your sessions to sign in from another computer.