Frequently Asked Questions
How to Order Computer Equipment
Your department may purchase computer equipment from any of the university hardware contract vendors. Dell and Lenovo currently provide UT-recommended configurations for their systems. Review the recommended configurations for desktops and laptops offered on the Dell or Lenovo UT Marketplace website to see if they meet your departmental needs.
Consultants from Desktop Support are available at (865) 974-9900 to answer questions of a technical nature.
In most cases the entire product line of the contract vendor will be included. University contracts for hardware equipment also cover third party peripheral items produced by other manufacturers.
How to place an order
All orders should be created and submitted online at the vendor website, UT Marketplace or emailed directly to the vendor.
The vendor will confirm the order by email within three business days of receipt of the order. This confirmation letter will:
- Supply the ordering department with a unique Order Number for tracking purposes
- Indicate if any of the equipment on the order has been discontinued or is otherwise unavailable
- Suggest a substitution for any discontinued item, which will require the approval of the ordering department
- Indicate delivery times in excess of thirty days, which will require the approval of the ordering department
- Allow the ordering department to contact the vendor regarding order status, cancellation and substitutions
If you do not receive a confirmation letter, call 974-2198 for assistance in determining whether your order was received by the contract vendor.
Apple Computers (VolTech) does not send confirmation letters upon receipt of departmental orders. Therefore, departments wishing to inquire about orders placed for Apple equipment should contact VolTech directly at (865) 974-2930.
The contract vendor will ship the equipment to the “Ship To” address indicated on the order form. It is the responsibility of the ordering department to ensure that all items are delivered in good condition. The invoice will be sent to the “Bill To” address provided on the order form. It is the responsibility of the ordering department to ensure that all invoices are paid in a timely fashion. Failure to do so may result in delays on future orders for computer equipment.
Vendor Contact Information and Order Procedures By Product
How to Order Apple/Macintosh Equipment
- Contract number: 4600000677
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: N/A
- Primary Contact: Laura Lundell, Manager
- Voice: 865-974-2930
- Fax: 865-974-3668
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternate Contact: David Alcorn, Assistant Manager
- Voice: 865-974-9268
- Apple Certified Technicians Email: email@example.com
Please contact the personnel at VolTech if you have any questions on the above procedures.
How to Order Dell Computer Equipment
The procedure includes configuring the desired computer, creating and saving an e-quote, obtaining permission to purchase through your normal departmental processes and releasing the e-quote directly to Dell. Once Dell has received the e-quote, the individual releasing the e-quote will receive an acknowledgement from Dell with a Dell order number for tracking.
- Log in to the IRIS/UT Marketplace with your NetID and Password.
- Click on the “Shop” Folder, then click on the “Dell” icon.
- Select one of the recommended configurations by clicking on ‘Add to Cart’. You can customize a standard configuration to your specifications by clicking on ‘Customize’, making your changes, and then clicking on ‘Add to Cart’. You may also review your configuration at any time by clicking on ‘Review Summary’.
- Click “Save as E-Quote” to convert the cart contents into an electronic quote. You may also print your configuration by clicking on ‘Print Cart’.
- Enter your contact information and give your E-quote a recognizable name you can easily remember. Select the name of your departmental purchaser from the drop-down of Authorized Purchasing Agents. Click Continue when done.
- The E-quote is now saved and an email confirmation sent to your inbox.
- Forward your E-quote confirmation to your departmental purchasing agent for order placement.
If you obtained a special quotation from the Dell sales representative, the purchasing agent may enter that number in the same area to retrieve for purchasing.
Configure your equipment on the UT Marketplace/Dell site.
- Contract number: 4600002254
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: 5500006482
How to Order Epson Projector Equipment
For information on CCS Presentation Systems.
The procedure includes: configuring the desired video equipment, obtain the appropriate part number and unit price, creating an order form, faxing or emailing the order request directly to the vendor (contact information above), reviewing contractor’s confirmation, making adjustments with contractor if needed, receiving the new hardware, setting up and inspecting the hardware, adding the equipment to your department’s assets if required, and authorizing payment of invoice.
CCS Presentation Systems has been awarded the Epson Projectors hardware contract
- Contract number: 4600002288
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: 5500006553
- Primary Contact: Steve Sutton
- Voice: 865-963-2443
- Fax: 904-998-7225
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Departments wishing to order other Epson Projectors may contact Steve Sutton (contact information listed above) to inquire about product needs, product availability and pricing.
- If you have any difficulty with the process, you may contact Cindy Ogle, OIT Business Office at 865-974-2198 for assistance.
Inquiries about the status and delivery of your order should directed to Steve Sutton (see contact information above).
How to Order HP Equipment
United Data Technologies, Inc. has been awarded the HPI and HPE equipment contract. Procurement Services hopes to have them accessible soon on the UT Marketplace.
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: 5500007754
- Primary Contact: Jackson Ware
- Phone Direct: 615-567-4094
- Phone Toll Free: 800-882-9919
- FAX: 305-882-0436
How to Order Liebert Uninterruptible Power Systems
NOTE: All Graybar orders may be ordered by phone or email referencing the Framework Order Number.
Graybar has been awarded the Liebert UPS contract.
- Contract number: 4600002164
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: 6500000532
- Primary Contact: Jeff Cody
- Phone: 865-251-5914
- FAX: 865-525-9182
- Email: email@example.com
- Account Executive: Jeff Cody
- Phone: 865-251-5914
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Departments that wish to order Liebert UPS equipment may contact Jeff Cody of Graybar Electric (contact information listed above) to inquire about product needs, product availability, and pricing.
Phone or email your order, including your any quote(s), and any other pertinent information relating to your order directly to Graybar.
Inquiries about the status and delivery of your order should directed to Graybar.
How to Order Lenovo Systems
Lenovo has been awarded the contract for Lenovo systems. To order Lenovo systems, please visit the UT Marketplace & select Lenovo. You can select your Lenovo systems and associated peripherals on their site. The procedure includes configuring the desired computer, adding to cart, and obtaining permission to purchase through your normal departmental processes.
Log in to the IRIS/UT Marketplace with your NetID and Password.
Click on the ‘Shop’ Folder, then click on the ‘LENOVO’ icon to punch out to the Lenovo web site. At the top of the page under ‘PRODUCTS’ you can choose ‘LAPTOPS & ULTRABOOKS’, Notebooks’, ‘DESKTOPS/AIO’, or high-power ‘WORKSTATIONS’.
Click on any recommended system to upgrade and customize to your specifications by clicking on ‘CUSTOMIZE’. Once you have made your changes, click on ‘ADD TO CART’, which will allow you to choose additional Warranty and Accessories. You may also review your configuration at any time by clicking on ‘CONFIGURATION’. Once complete, click ‘ADD TO CART’ to return to UT Marketplace for proper Approval Process flow.
If you obtained a special quotation from the Lenovo sales representative, please email your order, including your quote and any other pertinent information relating to your order, to the Lenovo primary contact below.
- Contract number: 4600002245
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: 5500007319
- Primary Contact: Kirstyn Morris
- Phone Direct: 919-874-3478
- FAX: 919-472-0520
- Email: email@example.com
- Account Executive: Mike Burk
- Phone Direct/Text: 615-584-8754
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales Manager: Jo Ellen Raley
- Phone Direct: 919-874-3324
- FAX: 919-472-0520
- Email: email@example.com
- All Warranty Repair Service (Onsite Repair): 800-945-3355
- US Paid Premier Support (Onsite Repair): 855-669-3600
- Submit Warranty Claim eTicket: https://www.managedtechnicalsupportaccess.com/mtsarva
Register using the link, submit new requests, and view previous requests
- Support Videos & Parts Removal: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT50503
Step-by-Step videos on removing and adding parts to Lenovo devices
- Deployment & Imaging Assistance: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht104232
Deployment Recipe Cards, SCCM, Driver Packs, and Engineer Resources
How to Order Polycom Video Conferencing Equipment
Strategic Products and Services (formerly Providea) has been awarded the Polycom contract for video conferencing equipment. The procedure for ordering includes: selecting the desired video conferencing equipment, creating an order form, faxing or emailing the order request directly to the vendor (see contact information below), reviewing contractor’s confirmation, making adjustments with contractor if needed, receiving the new hardware, setting up and inspecting the hardware, adding the equipment to your department’s assets, and authorizing payment of invoice.
View product offerings at the Strategic Products and Services (formerly Providea) website.
- Contract number: 4600002256
- Blanket Purchase Order Number: 6500000622
- Primary Contact: Scott Purdue
- Phone Direct: 888-724-0201
Students, staff, and faculty of The University of Tennessee may make personal purchases of computer equipment from some of the University’s contractors through VolTech. Individuals interested in purchasing Apple as well as Microsoft Windows computer equipment should call VolTech at 865-974-2930 or visit their online store to find the desired equipment.