If you’re ready to improve the visual design of your course, give students a boost in learning key concepts, or just find decent images without the copyright headache, you’re in the right place!
Who this resource is for:
Instructors, GTAs, and anyone who teaches or presents.
How to navigate:
You can jump to individual pages using the blue menu in the upper right of each page, or step through from beginning to end using links at the bottom.
What we’ll cover:
- What is visual design for instruction?
- Benefits of effective visual design
- Deciding where to begin
- How to find high-quality images, without the copyright issues
- Take or make your own images
- Partner with OIT’s visual designers to create course materials
- Put it all together: PowerPoint
- Put it all together: Canvas
- Send us your best practices!
Ready to get started? Use the menu on the right, or proceed to the first page: What is visual design for instruction?