What is the IT Community of Practice?
The IT Community of Practice (ITCoP) is a Faculty Fellow initiative that provides an opportunity for faculty to bring their lunch and join colleagues in demonstration and discussion on trends and issues in instructional technology.
Exploring Teaching and Learning Spaces and Technologies
For the 2018-19 academic year, the IT Community of Practice (ITCoP) will focus on instructional technology trends and issues related to teaching and learning spaces. Each month attendees will visit different classroom and lab spaces throughout campus to explore how innovative teaching and learning spaces and resources are enhancing teaching and learning. Host presenters will share instructional technology techniques for flipped, face-to-face, and online course delivery. Attendees will experience individual and collaborative options for hands-on, experiential and engaged learning.
OIT Open House: New Training Classroom Unveiled!
- OIT will kick off the roving meetings with a classroom upgrade. Faculty are invited to attend our new training classroom located in Communications Room 43, Classroom C. This older classroom space has been transformed with updated furnishings and instructional technology resources to enhance the learning experience for faculty and students.
- Presenters: OIT Support Staff: Course Design and Delivery, Instructional Support and Training, and Research
Engineering Fundamentals: Engaging Classrooms and MakerSpace
- Faculty within the Tickle College of Engineering’s Engineering Fundamentals Program will showcase the College’s updated classrooms and MakerSpace in Perkins Hall, Room S10, Lower basement. Come see the innovative ways these spaces and technologies have enhanced individual and collaborative classroom learning.
- Presenters: Engineering Fundamentals Faculty
Tech in the Library
- If you’ve always thought of the library as having just books, computers and printers, think again. Take a tour of The Studio in Hodges Library, Room 235. Come experience learning like never before with some of the new technology: Virtual Reality Room, video production, digital anatomy table, and more.
- Presenters: Michelle Brannen and The Studio staff at Hodges Library