What is the IT Community of Practice?
The IT Community of Practice (ITCoP) is a Faculty Fellow initiative that provides an opportunity for faculty to bring their lunch and join colleagues in demonstration and discussion on trends and issues in instructional technology. Click the recording links (where available) to view previous meetings.
Access and Engagement
The IT Community of Practice (ITCoP) theme for the 2017-18 academic year is Access and Engagement. Guest presenters will share instructional technology implementations related to making course content accessible to all and featuring engagement options to enhance student learning.
Moving Your Course Online
- Join in the discussion on pedagogical and practical decisions in creating an online course. Learn of resources available for creating a greater online presence.
- Presenters: Jennifer Gramling, Director of Online Programs; Lisa Yamagata-Lynch, Educational Psychology; and OIT Course Delivery and Design Staff
What’s All the Buzz About Augmented/Virtual Reality?
- UTK Faculty, Libraries, and OIT will share practical applications for implementing AR/VR for interactive, immersive, educational experiences to increase comprehension.
- Presenters: Michael Camponovo, Geography; Sean Morey, English; Michelle Brannen, UTK Libraries; and OIT Course Delivery and Design Staff.
An Inside Look At Classroom Engagement
- GTA@OIT Grant Recipients share classroom collaboration and engagement strategies to enhance student learning.
- Presenters: Joel Crombez, GTA Journalism and Electronic Media and Jamie Greig, GTA Sociology