The Office of Information Technology (OIT) answers your most asked questions about passwords, Duo two-factor, email accounts, software, WiFi, and more!
This summer, don’t forget to check your Volmail email account. Your UT email address (NetID@vols.utk.edu) is the official means of communication between you and the university. Check your email online at volmail.utk.edu or set up your email account on your phone and tablet.
There are a few things we want you to know before you come to school this August.
As you think about packing for school, here are a few tips and tricks.
- Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10 are available at no charge for all students.
- You can install the full version of Microsoft Office on your PC or Mac.
- Windows 10 can be installed on your PC or Mac.
- You can bring your computer, printer, smart TVs, phone, tablet, video game console, media player, etc. when you come to school. All devices must be registered for use on UT’s network (instructions)
- Wireless routers and network switches are not allowed on our network. Please leave them at home!
- Printing is available in several locations on campus. If you bring a printer, we recommend connecting it via USB.
- Will you be living in university housing? Check out the Cable TV guide to learn how you can watch your favorite show.