The Office of Innovative Technologies (OIT) can answer your questions about passwords, Duo (two-factor), email accounts, software, wired and wireless access, and more!
This summer, don’t forget to check your UT email account. Your UT email address (NetID@vols.utk.edu) is the official means of communication between you and the university. Check your UT Gmail online at volmail.utk.edu or set up your email account on your phone and tablet.
Learn more about two-factor authentication and set up your devices.
There are a few things we want you to know before you come to school this August.
As you think about packing for school, here are a few tips and tricks.
- Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10 are available at no charge for all students.
- You can install the full version of Microsoft Office on your PC or Mac.
- Windows 10 can be installed on your PC or Mac.
- You can bring your computer, printer, smart TVs, phone, tablet, video game console, media player, etc. when you come to school. All devices must be registered for use on UT’s network (get connected at UT).
- Wireless routers and network switches are not allowed on our network. Please leave them at home!
- Printing is available in several locations on campus. If you bring a printer, we recommend connecting it via USB.
- Will you be living in university housing? Check out the Cable TV guide to learn how you can watch your favorite show.
The OIT HelpDesk is available by phone at 865-974-9900, online, and chat.
Follow us on Twitter for news and information about OIT events.