As the end of the fiscal year approaches, we wanted to remind you to check with OIT before you buy or renew your software. We have several packages available that may meet your needs, for example…
- Use Google Drive or OneDrive to store your files and share them with others instead of Dropbox or Box. Google Drive and OneDrive are included with your university subscription. Learn more at oit.utk.edu/storage.
- Use Microsoft Teams to collaborate with others instead of Slack. With Teams, you can chat, video call, share documents, and more. Learn more about using Microsoft Teams at work.
- Do you need new computers for your office or research lab? Don’t forget to buy from established contracts with DELL, Apple, and others, instead of retail stores like Best Buy and Walmart. We recommend you purchase Computer Upgrade models while they are available as we have negotiated competitive prices. Learn more about buying computers on our website.
- Do you need specific research software for qualitative or quantitative analysis? We offer quite a few packages for researchers that may fit your needs. Check out the list on our website.
- Do you need to take any training? Are you looking for alternative professional development opportunities? LinkedIn Learning offers over 13,000 technology, creative, and business courses at no additional cost to faculty, staff, and students. Attend online training from the comfort of your how home or office. Learn more about LinkedIn Learning.