As the end of the fiscal year approaches, we wanted to remind you to check with OIT before you buy or renew your software. We have several packages available that may meet your needs, for example…
- Use Google Drive or OneDrive to store your files and share them with others instead of personal services. Your university subscription includes Google Drive and OneDrive. Learn more on OIT’s Storage page.
- Use Microsoft Teams to collaborate with others. With Teams, you can chat, video call, share documents, and more. Microsoft Teams is available to the university community at no additional cost. Learn more about using Microsoft Teams at work.
- Do you need new computers for your office or research lab? We recommend you purchase Computer Upgrade models while available as we have negotiated competitive prices. Don’t forget to buy from established contracts with DELL, Apple, and others, instead of retail stores like Best Buy and Walmart. Learn more about buying computers on our website.
- Do you need specific research software for qualitative, quantitative, or GIS analysis? We offer quite a few packages for researchers that may fit your needs. Check out the list on our website.
- Are you looking for alternative professional development opportunities? Do you need to take any training? Check out LinkedIn Learning’s technology, creative, and business courses at no additional cost to faculty, staff, and students. Attend online training from the comfort of your home or office.