Are you a researcher in need of help creating survey questions or analyzing data? OIT offers customized assistance to faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, and others on advanced statistical methods, qualitative research, survey methodology, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) projects. OIT staff spend more than 2,500 hours yearly consulting on projects that have a direct impact on academic research activities at the university.
You may request up to 15 hours per term of consultations in these areas at no additional cost:
- Advanced statistical analysis and quantitative research methodologies.
- Quantitative research design, including statistical software consultations in SAS, SPSS, and R among others.
- Qualitative research design, guiding you through the planning, implementation, and analytical stages.
- Technical support and training for text analysis, including programs such as Nvivo, QDA Miner, and WordStat.
- Mixed methods consultations for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support for research projects and mapping that involve geo-visualization and geocoding for ArcGIS.
If you have a quick question or need help installing statistical software, stop by during our walk-in hours in Greve 517 or contact the OIT HelpDesk online or by phone at 865-974-9900 to set up a one-on-one appointment with one of our staff.