1. Choose a Network
- Wi-fi available Campus-wide, including several outdoor areas such as Presidential Court, Humanities, and Ayres Hall courtyard.
- Ut-open network: unsecured access, no special configuration required.
- Eduroam network: secure access, plus the capability to roam to other participating institutions.
Instructions for setting up eduroam on your device.
- Available in the residence halls
- Each room has 1-2 network ports, depending on availability
- Need an Ethernet cable? Stop by the Commons @ Hodges Library
*Note: All computers must have up-to-date antivirus software before registering on UT’s network. Check out OIT’s recommendation in the OIT Knowledge Base.
**Note: Personal hardware, such as routers and switches, will interfere with UT’s network and are not permitted.
2. Register Your Device
Before you have full internet access, you must register your device. Visit support.utk.edu to register.
Note: If you plan on using both wireless and the network port in your Residence Hall room, you will need to register your computer twice, once for each separate connection.
Register your gaming device, e-readers, tablets, smartphones, or media-streaming devices.
Go to netreg.utk.edu/games and follow the instructions. To register your device, you will need to know the MAC address.