Microsoft 365 Calendars
- Default calendaring solution for all staff and faculty
Important to note: Microsoft 365 calendars do not integrate with the Google Calendar.
- Fully supported by OIT.
- Accessible via Outlook client, Outlook on the Web Calendar App, and Outlook Mobile App (Android and iOS).
- Easily share your calendar with other people in the organization.
- Access shared calendars on mobile devices using the Outlook App.
- Available for students, faculty, and staff.
- Limited support by OIT.
- Unable to access Google Calendars in Outlook Client or Outlook on the Web.
- Must log in to Google using UTK credentials for access.
- Staff and faculty have full access to Google Calendar, however, it does not integrate with the Microsoft 365 system.
Microsoft 365 Room Scheduling
- Resource Mailboxes are mailboxes that represent conference rooms, shared equipment, or absences.
- Resource Mailboxes provide a simple and efficient way to manage shared resources by a workgroup or department.
- A Resource Mailbox has its own calendar, which can be viewed and modified just like a person’s calendar.
- Control access to room scheduling requests in one of two ways: Moderated and Auto-Accept.