OIT now supports BlueSky Statistics, an open-source alternative to SPSS and R Studio. BlueSky Statistics provides researchers with a point-and-click software environment for statistical analysis that runs available R code behind the scenes. The BlueSky graphical user interface (GUI) includes a series of dialogs to import and manipulate data and perform statistical analysis and visualization tasks in a familiar GUI-based platform consistent with other statistical software packages. In addition, the inclusion of a simple R editor provides the ability to learn and run R code while performing data analysis tasks.
- Comprehensive – GUI for 400+ statistics, graphics, machine learning, modeling, quality control, reliability engineering, and more
- Advanced – Powered by R and Python with cutting-edge analysis and reproducibility
- Collaborative – Save analysis to MS Office, R Markdown, HTML, and LaTeX
- Productive – Consolidate point solutions, share/reproduce/reuse, no coding needed
- Model Fitting, Tuning, and Scoring – Build, tune, and score datasets using over 50 algorithms across popular model families.
- Survival Analysis – Competing Risks, Kaplan-Meier estimation, Cox Proportional Hazards Model
- Machine Learning – Traditional Machine Learning Algorithms like decision trees, random forests, support vector machines (SVM), k-nearest neighbors (KNN), linear regression, and logistic regression, among others
- Deep Learning – Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN)
- Six Sigma – The software uses DMAIC methodology of Six Sigma; Define, Measure, Analyze, and Improve and Control. The comprehensive functionality includes Pareto charts, fishbone cause and effect diagrams, seven types of Shewhart control charts with customizable settings for testing eight special causes, the ability to label process stages/phases, and so much more.
- DoE (Design of Experiments) – The comprehensive functionality includes creating or uploading factor details (factors and levels), creating several different types of designs, inspecting a design, plotting a design, exporting a design, importing design responses, and modifying a design.
Download the Software
Since BlueSky is open source, researchers may use the software for academic or commercial research purposes. Students, faculty, and Staff can obtain the software for Windows and Mac computers by visiting the BlueSky Statistics software download website.
OIT Research Software Support
What is BlueSky Statistics
For help getting started with BlueSky Statistics, or to set up an appointment with a statistician, please contact the OIT HelpDesk at 865-974-9900.