Installing the OIT wireless print queue allows you to print using one of the release stations in different locations on campus.
Architecture students: please follow these directions.
- Download and run Xerox Global Postscript Driver Installer.*
Windows 10 64bit: Download | Windows 10 32bit: Download
*Note – if the links do not work, go to Xerox’s site and search for Global Driver. Choose the Postscript driver for Windows 10 either 64bit or 32bit as needed.
- If the HP Universal driver is preferred, download by scrolling down to Universal-Print Driver and select the PostScript Driver.
- In the Add Printer window, select “Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname” and click Next.
- In the Type a printer hostname or IP address window do the following, then click Next.
Device Type select TCP/IP Device
Hostname or IP address enter bwprinting.labs.utk.edu
Uncheck Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use
- In the Additional port information required window Click Custom and click on Settings
- In the Configure Standard ATCP/IP Port Monitor window
Protocol select LPR
Queue Name: bw (Note The Queue Name MUST BE bw, otherwise printing will not work
Check LPR Byte Counting Enabled and click OK
- In the Install the printer driver window, click Have Disk…
- In the Install from Disk window select Browse…
- Navigate to c:\Xerox and click on the file, then select Open
Note: If you are asked what version of the driver you’d like to use, select replace the current driver.
- Enter the printer name OIT BW Wireless Printers and click next.
- Click Do not Share this printer.
- Do not print a test page. Select Finish.
Configure the printer for duplex print in Windows 10
- Click on the start menu
- Go to Settings
- Select Devices
- Select Printers & scanners, then find Related setting Devices and printers.
- Right click on “OIT BW Wireless Printers” and select Printer Properties
Note: It may take a few minutes for printer properties to who up.
- Click the Configuration tab and ensure Duplex Mode is installed.
- Click the Advanced tab and check Enable advanced printing features, then click Apply, then OK.
- Click the General tab and select Preferences….
- Select 2-Sided Printing and click OK
- Click Apply and OK to finish configuring the printer.
If you have any questions about these wireless printer installation instructions, you may contact the OIT HelpDesk at 865-974-9900 Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also visit the walk-in OIT HelpDesk in the Commons.