2FA for Email Accounts
OIT has two recommendations for departmental email accounts. Read on to determine which option is best for you!
Tired of changing your password and sharing it with the team? Shared Mailboxes may be the solution for you.
With Shared Mailboxes, you can
- Log in with YOUR NetID and password to access the department’s email. This works with Outlook for the PC, Outlook for the Mac, and Outlook on the Web.
- Send and receive email from the Shared Mailbox.
- Forward email to an alternate email address.
- Use Active Directory groups to manage access.
- Converting your departmental NetID to a shared mailbox is a quick and easy process!
With a departmental NetID, you can
- Use Mail Merge to send emails from your account.
- Set up complicated rules for managing your email.
- Send and receive secure emails through the UT Vault Secure Courier.
- Each person with access to this account will need to set up two-factor authentication.
- Contact the OIT HelpDesk to sign up for two-factor authentication. When you call, provide a list of NetIDs and phone numbers for anyone who will need to access the account.
- If you choose to use tokens to manage two-factor authentication, each account is eligible for one token at no additional cost. Additional tokens are available for purchase through VolTech.
Other Departmental Accounts
Are you using your departmental accounts for websites? Managing applications? Background processes?
If you are using OIT’s Public Linux Environment or OIT-Supported WordPress to manage your website, follow the instructions for the Departmental NetIDs above.
Do these scenarios not fit your needs? Are you using a departmental account to manage or run a service? Contact the OIT HelpDesk to discuss the best solution for you.