Coming soon to the University of Tennessee. Lynda.com will become LinkedIn Learning August 12, 2019. Watch your email for announcements.
LinkedIn learning is easy to use, accessible 24/7 from any device, and features short programs organized in chapters, typically no longer than 10 minutes. You can log in from anywhere using your University of Tennessee credentials.
Courses include the latest technology, creative, and business skills, delivered through high-quality instructional videos, which includes all the content from Lynda.com but are now provided by LinkedIn Learning.
- New Look Same Content – LinkedIn Learning offers the same high-quality library of on-demand, expert-led instructional videos as Lynda.com.
- Automatic Carryover – Your Lynda.com learning history, account info and certifications will be waiting for you in LinkedIn Learning.
- Flexible Learning – Watch instructional videos on any device, on and offline at your convenience.
- Personalized Learning – Curate your experience with trending skills in your field based on your likes and what your colleagues are watching.
- User-Friendly Interface – Find and view content more quickly and easily with an improved interface.
- Ability to Stay Ahead – Insights from 575 million users help predict learning trends that will empower you to learn more.
- Connection to LinkedIn Profile – LinkedIn Learning offers the option to automatically update your LinkedIn profile with the courses you take.
Connect to LinkedIn Profile
The upgrade to LinkedIn Learning will allow users to connect their accounts with their LinkedIn profiles. This will allow for further customization, including course recommendations based on job title, skills and industry. Linking profiles will also help you discover relevant learning content via your LinkedIn feed.
You must be an active University of Tennessee student, faculty or staff to use LinkedIn Learning.
Frequently asked questions about LinkedIn Learning
Will OIT notify me before the upgrade happens? Do I need to do anything to get this upgrade?
Once the upgrade has taken place you’ll receive two emails from LinkedIn Learning, informing you of the upgrade and providing you with and link that will walk you through the process.
Is the content the same on LinkedIn Learning as on Lynda.com?
Yes, all of the same great content you know from Lynda will be on LinkedIn Learning plus hundreds of new videos.
Can I bring across my history from Lynda? or will I have two separate accounts for Lynda and LinkedIn Learning?
Yes, when the upgrade is complete all of your histories, in progress and bookmarks will be in your new LinkedIn Learning account. And no, you will not have two separate accounts.
Click Here to see additional FAQs about the LIL Upgrade.
Would you like to have a sneak peek into LinkedIn Learning? Click Here
Face to Face training with a professional trainer from the Office of Information Technology. Click Here to learn more.
Requested Training Classes: The office of Information Technology provided faculty and staff with the option of having a trainer come to their classes/offices and present training on requested topics.
Private Consultations: If you need help on a technology topic you can schedule a consult with a training professional.