LinkedIn Learning is a great tool for supplementing your instruction. Instead of using valuable class time teaching basic skills and software, assign these easy-to-use online videos. In addition to helping your students succeed, LinkedIn Learning is a powerful resource for you to build new skills and stay up-to-date on current trends.
Assign Collections and Learning Paths by Requesting Curator Access
As Faculty and Staff, you can recommend and share custom learning paths with your students and colleagues. LinkedIn Learning also provides learning paths to recommend or share that can be tailored to the unique needs of your learners.
You must be granted Curator access before you can share LinkedIn Learning courses/links inside of your Canvas courses. Contact the HelpDesk to submit your request.
Here is a Collection to help you understand how to Create Groups, Create Collections, and How to Recommend Videos to your Group
- Select “Add” at the top right on your LinkedIn Learning home page.
- Choose “Create Learning Paths”.
- Follow the on screen directions to create your path.
- Finally, select “Save and Publish”.
- Select “Add” button and then select “See My Library”. This will take you to all the Learning Paths you’ve created.
- Select the “Share” button to the right of the Learning Path you want to share.
- If you want reports on student interaction with your Learning Path select “Recommend on LinkedIn Learning”
- Enter the name of the group you want to recommend the path.
- Enter a message to the students.
- Optionally you may add a Due date.
- Select the “Send” button.
- Each person in your group will receive an email about the recommendation.
Request a Personal Consultation
You may schedule a one-on-one consultation with an OIT trainers by contacting the OIT HelpDesk or by calling 865-974-9900.
Collections You May Enjoy
Learning Paths for Online Transition