T-Storage provides a central location for users and departments to store files and is available to all Knoxville-area faculty, staff, and students.
Benefits of T-Storage
- All Knoxville-area faculty, staff, and students receive a Home Area
- Departmental areas (I: drives) are mapped when you log into a computer in Active Directory, including OIT Computer Labs
- Dedicated quotas: 1 GB home area and 200 GB/user for departments
- Self-directed restores are available for 90 days
- Locally stored on the UT network
- Home areas are available for one year after you leave the University
- Certified for FERPA data
How do I access T-Storage?
T-Storage is available from EVERYWHERE!
What are the quotas for T-Storage?
- Home areas (H: drives) have a 1 GB quota enforced.
- Departmental areas (I: drives) have a 200 GB per user quota enforced. On the departmental areas, each individual will be able to upload up to 200 GB of data to the entire departmental share.
Contact the OIT HelpDesk if you are in need of having your quota increased.
How do I recover a deleted file?
T-Storage files are backed up periodically per the specified retention policy.
Instructions for recovering deleted files
Frequently asked questions about T-Storage
The cost for T-Storage is:
.04/GB/month billed monthly for unit storage use greater than 1 TB