T-Storage provides a central location for users and departments to store files and is available to all Knoxville-area faculty, staff, and students.
Benefits of T-Storage
- All Knoxville-area faculty, staff, and students receive a Home Area.
- Home Areas (H: drives) are mapped when you log into a computer in Active Directory, including OIT Computer Labs.
- Dedicated quotas: 50 GB home area and 200 GB/user for departments
- Self-directed restores are available for 90 days.
- Locally stored on the UT network.
- Home areas are available for one year after you leave the University.
- Certified for FERPA data
How do I access T-Storage?
T-Storage is available from EVERYWHERE!
- OIT Computer Labs: Your home area will be mapped when you log in.
- Your personal computer: Map drives for Windows or Mac operating systems.
In order to use your mapped drive, you must be on a wired UT connection, using UT’s secure wireless network (eduroam), or using the VPN (Pulse Secure). You can download the Pulse Secure client online through the OIT Software Download website.
- Online: Both on- and off-campus via the University of Tennessee VPN. Once you are logged in, click on the TSHOME.UTK.TENNESSEE.EDU link.
- Your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch:
Instructions for Accessing T-Storage from iOS
- Departments: To set up T-Storage, contact the OIT HelpDesk.
What are the quotas for T-Storage?
- Home areas (H: drives) have a 50 GB quota enforced.
- Departmental areas (I: drives) have a 200 GB per user quota enforced. On the departmental areas, each individual will be able to upload up to 200GB of data to the entire departmental share.
How do I recover a deleted file?
T-Storage files are backed up periodically per the specified retention policy.
Instructions for recovering deleted files