Xfinity on Campus is the cable TV provider available to students living in the residence halls and administrative offices on the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus.
Types of Services
- Standard Cable TV: Connect the coax cable to the back of your tv, scan for channels, and watch TV. To find out how to program your TV, ensure you’re receiving all channels, and resolve problems with your service, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Xfinity on Campus Streaming: Students can stream live TV, record shows to their online DVR, and stream thousands of XFINITY On Demand™ shows and movies directly to their laptops, desktops, Roku, and mobile devices, including Apple, Android, and Kindle, all while connected to their campus network.
What’s included in Xfinity Stream
With Xfinity on Campus, you have lots of options and features, including;
- Access from your computer, mobile device, and streaming devices, such as a Roku and Amazon Fire
- On and off-campus streaming
- Subscriptions to HBO Max and Peacock Premium
- Online DVR: Record up to two shows at once, schedule recordings in advance, and store up to 20 hours of recorded shows.
- Upgrade your service to add additional premium channels. Charges are billed directly to your credit card, and you can cancel at any time.
While you are on campus or in your residence hall, you will have access to the full channel lineup; however, when you travel off-campus some channels, including local programming, will be limited.
Don’t see your favorite premium tv shows? You can upgrade your service to add additional premium channels. Charges are billed directly to your credit card and you can cancel at any time. Visit Xfinity On Campus support to learn more.
Sign in to Xfinity on Campus
When signing in, always choose the XFINITY On Campus Students – Sign in here option. Select the University of Tennessee, Knoxville from the list of schools, and then log in with your NetID and password.
- From your computer, start at xfinityoncampus.com. (Instructions)
- On your mobile devices, install and open the XFINITY Stream app. (Instructions)
- On your streaming devices* download the XFINITY Stream app (it may be in Beta – that’s okay!). (Instructions for Roku and Amazon Fire).
*Multiple Samsung and LG Smart TVs have the Xfinity Stream app embedded
Additional Streaming Apps
Your Xfinity on Campus service includes access to HBO Max and Peacock Premium. To access these services, you will need to link your HBO Max and Peacock Premium accounts to your XOC service. Follow the instructions in the Xfinity on Campus Support Portal to get started.
- HBO Max: Download the app or go to www.hbomax.com. On the Sign In page, choose Sign in with a provider. Select Xfinity, and then choose the XFINITY On Campus Students – Sign in here option. Select the University of Tennessee, Knoxville from the list of schools, and then log in with your NetID and password.
- Peacock Premium
- You will need to create a Peacock account if you do not already have one.
- Once logged into Peacock, choose Xfinity as your provider and sign in to Xfinity on Campus to link your accounts.
Your Xfinity on Campus service also gives you access to 3rd party TV Everywhere apps* like WatchESPN, AMC, NBC Sports Live Extra, and more anytime, anywhere with your Xfinity on Campus subscription. Learn how to sign in and more.
Get Help from the OIT HelpDesk
Here’s how OIT can help:
- Sign in to Xfinity on Campus using your NetID and password
- Assistance with your cable tv when you are plugged into the cable outlet in your room.
Get Help from Xfinity on Campus Support
Xfinity on Campus provides a dedicated support portal that includes:
- Links to articles to answer questions or troubleshoot issues
- Option to submit a ticket we’ll reach out to you to help
Visit the Xfinity on Campus Support Portal at support.xfinityoncampus.com