RingCentral is an enterprise cloud-based communications solution. With RingCentral the University can quickly activate and easily manage a mobile workforce and with RingCentral you can connect to your campus phone number from multiple locations.
Features of RingCentral
- Answer campus calls from multiple locations with the desktop and mobile app. App features include texting, conference calling, video conferencing, and faxing.
- Desktop app works on Windows and Mac platforms.
- Mobile app is available for iOS and Android.
- Call forwarding. Forward your office phone to another UT extension or mobile phone number.
- Long-distance calling available (excluding international).
- Multiple extensions. Use the app to answer multiple extensions. You’ll see which extension is ringing on the display before you answer the call.
- Auto-attendant. Allow Ring Central to be your receptionist. Provide callers the option to be connected to the right team by selecting the appropriate option.
RingCentral includes advanced features for departments at UT that require automated call distribution (ACD), monitoring, and reporting. Contact OIT to learn more about this service.
Contact OIT at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss moving a group, team, or department to RingCentral. Pricing available below.
How does it work?
The RingCentral app is available on three platforms: web, desktop, and mobile (Android and iOS). This availability makes it easy to switch between devices and take or make calls, check voicemail messages, and connect and collaborate with teams wherever you are, whether that’s at work, home, or on the go.
Check out the UT RingCentral Quick Start Guide for instructions on installing the app, setting your preferences, and using RingCentral.
Visit the Training and Resources page for additional information about using RingCentral.
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) or higher
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- iOS 10.0 and later
- Andriod Lollipop (version 5.0) and later. (For Android Marshmallow (version 6.0) or later, you will need to turn on required app permissions.)
- Google Chrome (Recommended, version 69 or later)
- Microsoft Edge
|Service Description||Monthly Recurring Cost of Service||Installation Cost of Service|
|RingCentral standard line with app||$22.50||$50.00|
|RingCentral standard line with phone||$22.50||Time and Materials|
|Polycom VVX 150||$5.43||Time and Materials|
|Polycom VVX 250||$7.30||Time and Materials|
|Polycom VVX 350||$8.64||Time and Materials|
|Polycom VVX 450||$9.44||Time and Materials|
|Polycom Sidecar||$9.74||Time and Materials|
|RingCentral Office||$3.00 per user||Time and Materials|
|Call Center Basic||$80.00 per user||Time and Materials|
|Call Center Reporting||$26.13 per user||$50.00 per user|