The equipment available in classrooms across campus varies and there have been recent changes and additions to many rooms. Therefore, when planning for your fall semester Hyflex course:
- Identify the equipment in your classroom. To do this, go to classrooms.utk.edu and select your building and room number. You can then view and print out a small poster for connecting to your classroom technology.
- Make an appointment for a Classroom Technology Practice Session PRIOR to the start of classes. You can obtain customized help and a chance to practice using the type of technology that will be in your classroom under the guidance of a technology expert. If you have questions about how to use the equipment in your classroom, contact us.
- Plan to arrive at your classroom at least 15 to 20 minutes early to allow time to sanitize your instructional area, set up your technology, and prepare your presentation materials before class start time.
- Review the online resources and recommendations provided on this site for Facilitating Your Hyflex Course to best support your students in achieving your course learning outcomes.
- Be considerate: vacate your classroom promptly so that the next instructor has time to set up their class. If you need to speak with a student, move to an open area down the hall to talk, keeping social distancing guidelines in mind.