Learn new skills and software packages with the help of OIT’s Instructional Development and Training team (IDT). Our hands-on, face-to-face workshops and online training will help prepare you to tackle technology demands in academics, your career, your research, and in every day life.
IDT offers a variety of workshops throughout the semester to get you up and going with the technology you need to succeed. Workshops are open to everyone in the UTK community; however select classes are designed with specific audiences in mind.
Learn more about face-to-face workshops
Schedule Training (Groups or Individual Consultations)
Not seeing a time that works for you or your group? You can contact the OIT HelpDesk online to inquire about scheduling training for a group or a one-on-one consultation.
Learn more about scheduling training
Online, Self-Paced Learning
Need more training? Prefer to learn new technology on your own or after office hours? OIT offers several options for online learning as well.
Learn more about self-paced training
Lynda.com and Microsoft Online Learning courses are available 24/7.
Standard workshops are offered at no additional cost.
Cost estimates will be provided for custom workshops.
- UT Knoxville, including Veterinary Medicine and Audiology and Speech Pathology.
- Students, faculty, staff, department, and official campus organizations.
- UT Knoxville students, faculty and staff.
Microsoft Online Learning
- All UT entities.
- Students, faculty, and staff.
- Instructors may enroll a class for selected Microsoft Online Learning courses and track student completion.