Faculty: Looking for Help with Canvas?
- Complete the Online Canvas Training for Faculty at your own pace (log in with NetID/Password)
- Sign up for OIT’s Canvas workshops
- Visit the OIT Knowledge Base for Canvas
- Search the Canvas Instructor Guide (updated every three weeks)
Contact us to:
- Request one-on-one help with specific questions and tasks.
- Schedule an appointment to discuss your course design.
- Schedule a training for your department or unit.
- Suggest Canvas enhancements and features.
- Share your Canvas story.
We will be happy to come to you or schedule time in our offices in Greve Hall or in our training facilities. Contact the OIT HelpDesk online or at 865-974-9900 to request help with nearly any issue you are having with Canvas.
Canvas Teacher Mobile App
Available for download free from the Apple® App Store or Google Play.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will my courses be available?
See Course Access Calendar
- How do I merge multiple course section into one course site? How does it work?
Download Cross-List Instructions (PDF)
Read the OIT Knowledge Base article on how to combine/merge courses
- How do I copy content from a previous course into a new course?
Read the OIT Knowledge Base article on how to reuse course materials
- What should I do to prepare for the new semester?
Download Canvas Semester Start Checklist (PDF)
- What should I do at the end of each semester?
Download Canvas Semester End Checklist (PDF)
- Is there a student photo roster in Online@UT (Canvas)?
See Online@UT (Canvas) Photo Roster