The Faculty Untethered Teaching Reward (FUTR) is an initiative by OIT to reward faculty who make the move to be “unplugged” in the classroom. Eligible faculty will receive a Microsoft Surface tablet.
Why a Microsoft Surface?
Microsoft Surface tablets are a full-featured tablet and can be used in the following cases:
- Use the Presenter view with PowerPoint
- Use the annotation features in PowerPoint
- Use the TurningPoint receiver for clickers
- Use Camtasia or the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (or the full version of many types of software)
- Full-time faculty who use a tablet as their primary machine
- Faculty must be teaching during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Faculty who have not received a computer through the Computer Upgrade Program (CUP) since November 30, 2015.
- Your current tablet must be three years old or older (purchased on or before 11/30/2015)
- There is a limited amount of funding for this initiative. Should demand exceed funding, requests will be honored on a first-come, first serve basis.
Contact the OIT HelpDesk online or by phone at 865-974-9900.