NOTE: Chromebooks are not supported by Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor.
Testing Using Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
OIT has extended our license with Respondus to provide unlimited access to their LockDown Browser and Monitor products for online testing. Many of you are already familiar with the LockDown Browser, but Monitor may be new to you. Many of our online programs have had great success with Monitor.
LockDown Browser is a locked web browser for taking quizzes in Canvas. It prevents users from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during an assessment.
We also license Monitor, a webcam feature for LockDown Browser that records students during online, non-proctored tests delivered in Canvas. Monitor can be used to verify the identity of the person taking the test and provide an environmental scan. After the test is complete, instructors can review details of the test, including the recorded video.
LockDown Browser must be downloaded from the following URL: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=645740725. It is specific to UTK. All other versions will not work.
Student Video Introduction:
Best Practice – Prior to your first online assessment, you may complete a practice quiz that uses LockDown Browser and Monitor to make sure your computer equipment can run properly. Self-enroll in our Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor course site to test your equipment.
Sample Language for Syllabus or Course Announcement:
Using LockDown Browser and a Webcam for Online Exams
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam for online exams. The webcam can be built into your computer or can be the type that plugs in with a USB cable.
You will need to download and install the LockDown Browser from this link: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=645740725
To ensure LockDown Browser and the webcam are set up properly, do the following:
- Start LockDown Browser, log into Canvas and select your course.
- Locate and select the Help Center button on the LockDown Browser toolbar.
- Run the Webcam Check and, if necessary, resolve any issues.
- Run the System & Network Check. If a problem is indicated, see if a solution is provided in the Knowledge Base. Troubleshooting information can also be emailed to our institution’s help desk.
- Exit the Help Center and locate the practice quiz named.
Note to Instructor: Create a brief practice quiz and insert name/location of quiz.
- Upon completing and submitting the practice quiz, exit LockDown Browser.
When taking an online exam that requires LockDown Browser and a webcam, remember the following guidelines:
- Ensure you’re in a location where you won’t be interrupted.
- Turn off all other devices (e.g., tablets, phones, second computers) and place them outside of your reach.
- Clear your desk of all external materials not permitted — books, papers, other devices.
- Before starting the exam, know how much time is available for it, and that you’ve allotted sufficient time to complete it.
- Remain at your computer for the duration of the exam.
- If the computer or networking environment is different than what was used previously with the Webcam Check and System & Network Check in LockDown Browser, run the checks again prior to starting the exam.
- To produce a good webcam video, do the following:
- Avoid wearing baseball caps or hats with brims.
- Ensure your computer or tablet is on a firm surface (a desk or table). Do NOT have the computer on your lap, a bed or other surface where the device (or you) are likely to move.
- If using a built-in webcam, avoid tilting the screen after the webcam setup is complete.
- Take the exam in a well-lit room and avoid backlighting, such as sitting with your back to a window.
- Remember that LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the exam until all questions are completed and submitted.