As the campus moved to remote access after Spring Break, the OIT Communications team undertook several initiatives to support the new ways of learning and working:
- Eighty-four classrooms have received technology updates to support remote learning.
- We launched an enterprise cloud communications solution for over 500 users that provided remote access to collaborative phone services like those used by One Stop, the OIT HelpDesk, and others.
- The VPN was upgraded to support the dramatic increase in people working from home. Along with the additional capacity for more users, two-factor authentication was implemented to provide greater security.
The team also completed projects in preparation for the Fall semester:
- One of the Internet circuits was replaced with a new service to provide even more bandwidth for the campus.
- Almost 700 Wireless Access Points were upgraded in five residence halls.
- Additional outdoor Wireless Access Points have been installed in many locations. (With more to come!)