The new Zoom 5.0 desktop client is available, and we encourage you to upgrade now to take advantage of the enhanced security and additional meeting options, including:
- Report a User: Meeting hosts and co-hosts can report a user in their meeting who is misusing the Zoom platform. Found in the security icon, the option sends a report to Zoom’s Trust & Safety team for review. The report can include a specific offense, description, and optional screenshot. The Report a User function is on by default but can disabled at the account, group, and user level in the Zoom web portal.
- Enhancements to Ending/Leaving Meetings: With a new UI update, hosts can clearly decide between ending or leaving a meeting. If the host leaves, they can now easily select a new host and have the confidence that the right person is assigned the host privileges.
- Additional Security Features:
- Allow Sharing of Cloud Recordings: Hosts can enable or disable shared cloud recordings to prevent users from sharing their cloud recordings. This setting is available for individual recordings and at the account, group, and user level and can be locked at the group or account level.
- Add Expiration Date for Shared Cloud Recordings: Hosts can choose to expire the link for a cloud recording after a set number of days or on a custom date. This setting is available for individual recordings and at the account, group, and user level and can be locked at the group or account level.
- Profile Picture Control: Hosts can disable the ability for participants to show their profile picture and also prevent them from changing it in a meeting.
- AES 256-bit GCM encryption is included in the upgraded client
- Go to tennessee.zoom.us and select Download Zoom on the bottom left.
- If you are logged into the Zoom desktop application now, select the Profile image on the top right and choose Check for Updates.