UT has contracts with many software providers to give faculty, staff, and students access to these school, work, and academic research programs. The software is made available through various methods depending on one’s campus and affiliation with the University. While much of the software is available for academic and administrative use at no additional charge, some of the recommended applications will need to be purchased through VolShop.
Software is available through the following methods:
- OIT’s Software Download website: Faculty, staff, and students can download and install software directly on their computer.
- Personal and Departmental Purchases: Available through VolTech.
- Apps@UTK: UTK faculty, staff, and students can run the software as if it were installed on your computer. Open and save files on your computer and print them to your printer. Use Apps@UT from any Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android device.
- Cloud-based offerings: Some software is made available directly from the vendor or accessed through a web browser. Applications include ESRI ArcGIS, Office 365 ProPlus, Adobe Creative Cloud, Akinidi, and Qualtrics.
- High Performance & Scientific Computing with ISAAC resources: High Performance & Scientific Computing (HPSC) services and resources are available for the research community. Learn more about these services on OIT’s website.
Visit OIT’s website for more information about software.