It’s not too late to schedule a personal consultation for presenting your lectures in a hybrid classroom setting. Once classes begin, we will have OIT trainers dedicated to helping instructors with their classroom technology through the month of August. You will schedule time in your classroom, and we’ll join you over Zoom to address your specific questions and help you get your computer, Zoom, or Cynap all working together.
How to Request Training
- Go to AdAstra to book open time in the classroom of your choice.
- Fill out a request online at help.utk.edu, and we’ll assign a trainer to contact you to schedule the consultation.
- Please allow at least 1 business day prior to the request.
- Indicate the type of help you need, e.g. connecting my laptop to the podium, what is a Cynap?, or even just simulating what your students will be seeing within the classroom or over Zoom.
- Be sure to include the times your room is available in your request.
Once you have requested help, an OIT trainer will confirm the meeting time and send you a Zoom invitation.
Locate Online Resources for Your Classroom
Prior to your consultation, locate detailed instructions for most classrooms on campus at Classrooms.utk.edu. Locate and print the “step-by-step” guide associated with your room, and bring it to your classroom. Read through and watch any available classroom-specific information for your room. If your room is not available on this site, browse the training section of this website for step-by-step instructions and concise how-to videos for connecting your computer, using the AMX panel project your content, or using the Cynap interactive system.
To schedule a one-on-one consultation, contact the HelpDesk online at help.utk.edu or call us at 865- 974-9900. Keep in mind, if you are in class and need immediate assistance with the technology, call the TEC Hotline at 865-974-9110. This number is always available at the top of the AMX panel in each classroom.