OIT has partnered for more than a decade with the University Libraries to bring you services in the Commons in Hodges Library. Here’s what’s available!
- OIT HelpDesk – Staff who can help with your questions on email, computers, Canvas, the UT network, or other OIT services.
- Student Computer Support – Staff who can help with your student-owned computer to install software, remove viruses or other software, troubleshooting, and more.
- Practice Presentation Room 220E – Students, staff, and faculty can reserve this room to practice, study, or have online Zoom meetings. The room includes a WolfVision Cynap, projector, and computer. It is set up with cameras and in-ceiling microphones for Zoom meetings. START Student Assistants sit outside the Practice Presentation room and can help you with questions on using the room, as well as many other services for both instructors and students.
- Computers – Mac and Windows desktops are available in North and South Commons. The computers include a wide range of software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Products, such as Illustrator and Photoshop. Windows desktops are also available in the Miles Reading Room and Graduate Lab with software including Microsoft Office. If you need help, both Commons North and South have Computer Lab Student Assistants who can answer basic questions on the computers in the Commons, the Miles Reading Room, and the Graduate Lab.
- Printers – VolPrint printers can be found throughout Hodges Library including Commons, Miles Reading Room, the Graduate Lab and in the foyer of floors 3 to 6. Desktop computers can access VolPrint using NetID and Password or using your ID card on a VolPrint Scanner. Mobile Print is available on all printers.
- Laptop and Scanner Checkout – Laptops and Scanners are available for a 6-hour check out from the library for use on desktops in the Commons or on personal laptops.
In addition to all these services, you can also checkout equipment such as cameras and video equipment from the Studio in 235 Hodges Library for up to three days.