Will your course require the use of the Respondus LockDown Browser or Respondus Monitor for online quizzes? If yes, please advise your students of the following technological requirements for a successful quiz experience:
- The Respondus Lockdown Browser – download link. This web address is unique to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Microphone – use a built-in or external mic with a USB plugin.
- Mac users must have Adobe Flash Player installed to Safari even if a different browser is normally used. Visit the Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions webpage.
- Step 1- select your operating system,
- Step 2 – select the Flash Player version labeled Mac for Safari and Firefox.
- Make sure you have a stable broadband internet connection throughout the quiz. Wired connection is strongly recommended.
- Note: Chromebooks are not supported by Respondus LockDown Browser or Respondus Monitor.
Use this sample language to include in your course syllabus or in a course announcement: Testing Using Respondus.