Tired of walking across campus in the rain to turn in Scantron sheets? Tired of having to take your forms back for re-scanning because of a change to the key? If you are a Canvas user and have access to a document scanner there is now an alternative. If you don’t have access to a document scanner, check your departmental copier. It may have scanning capability.
UTK has acquired a trial agreement with Akindi, a web-based assessment system that automates the creation and grading of multiple choice examinations.
Akindi is accessible through your Canvas account and allows you to:
- Sync with your Canvas class roster to create personalized answer sheets
- Print your own answer sheets on plain paper from any printer
- Sort multiple sections and test versions electronically after scanning rather than physically doing so beforehand
- Scan the completed answer sheets on any document scanner
- Upload a pdf of scanned forms or, if scanner has email capability, send the pdf directly to Akindi
- Handle changes to the key, multiple correct answers, and/or differential item weighting online
- Review student performance and item analysis results online
- Sync the exam grades with your Canvas gradebook and email students their grades
Akindi is activated using the Launch Akindi link on the left side of the main Canvas page for each course. For instructions on the Akindi exam grading process, go to Akindi’s website and select Getting Started. You can also select Help Center on Akindi’s site for more information.
Remember: Because this is a trial version, all current Scantron services will still be fully supported during this period.