YouTube is a video-sharing website on which users can upload, view, and share videos. Unregistered users can watch videos, while registered users can upload an unlimited number of videos.
All YouTube users can upload videos up to 15 minutes each in duration. Users who have a good track record of complying with the site’s Community Guidelines may be offered the ability to upload videos up to 12 hours in length, which requires verifying the account, normally through a mobile phone.
YouTube accepts videos uploaded in most container formats. These include video formats such as MPEG-4, MOV, and .WMV. It also supports formats that allow videos to be uploaded from mobile phones.
- The Statistics 201 at UTK channel – video mini-lectures, tutorials, and assignment reviews.
- OIT Media – The University of Tennessee, Office of Information Technology videos
- The University of Tennessee – the official university channel
- YouTube EDU University – videos in the University category
- Create a YouTube Account
- In a browser go to https://www.youtube.com/
- Click “Sign In” button
- Click “Create an Account” button
- Upload your video**
- Click “Upload” button
- Drag and drop video file to the upload area
- Change “Basic Info” and “Advanced Settings” and click the “Save changes” button
- Edit video properties
- Click on “Video Manager” button
- Click the “Edit” button next to the video you want to edit
- Share your video
OIT Help Resources
- **If this is your first time logging in to YouTube, download detailed instructions on how to do so and how to create your first channel at “First Time with YouTube” (pdf).
- YouTube Support from Google.com