LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) is the University of Tennessee’s branded version of the Zoom application. Zoom is a web-based conferencing software that allows faculty, students and staff to have interaction in real time from their computers and mobile devices.
Zoom offers a variety of online meeting tools and features:
- High-definition audio and video
- Screen sharing
- Online text chat
- Breakout Rooms
- Invite guest participants before or during the meeting (a UT NetID is not required)
- Record the meeting and save the MP4 to the local device
How can LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) be useful?
Here are just a few ideas:
- Class sessions in an online and blended course
- Student group meetings while working on a project
- Online lectures
- Online office hours
- Student presentations
- Guest speakers invited to join the class from remote locations
- Interviewing candidates for positions at a distance
- Staff meetings with individuals in many locations
- Tutoring sessions
Social Work class video channel in YouTube.
Free access to Zoom is available to all UTK faculty, staff and students. Our license structure includes several different levels of Zoom accounts, ranging from Zoom Basic to Zoom Webinar. UTK faculty and staff may request a Zoom Pro level account that allows users to host unlimited meetings, for an unlimited duration, with up to 50 participants in the meeting. Additional options are available . Please visit the Zoom Getting Started page or contact the OIT HelpDesk with any questions regarding the different Zoom accounts.
Zoom video files (MP4) may be uploaded to YouTube, Google Drive, Office 365 Video Channel, and other cloud storage or media streaming options.
The LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) page contains links and information for meeting leaders and meeting participants, as well as our support hours and contact information. We recommend reviewing the Announcements section on the page from time to time for the latest LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) news.
The following information may be useful as you move forward:
- Visit our Zoom Getting Started page to learn more about the different UT-Zoom accounts.
- Activate your UT-Zoom account on our page at tennessee.zoom.us. Select the option to Create or Edit Account and enter your UT NetID and password. A UT-Zoom Basic level account will be activated for you.
- Need an upgrade to your account? Faculty and staff may request an upgrade to their LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) account. Contact the OIT HelpDesk at (865) 974-9900 or submit a ticket online at help.utk.edu.
- The online meeting environment
- Engaging Breakout Rooms (small groups) in a meeting
Students, you may be interested in visiting our Resources for Meeting Participants page. This page includes
- Frequently asked questions
- Getting started tips
- PDF guides introducing meeting tools
Are you interested in attending a workshop? OIT is offering online and face-to-face workshops. Please visit the UTK Workshop Registration page to browse options and register for a workshop.
Are you interested in exploring the latest topics and updates to the Zoom application? Visit Zoom’s YouTube Channel.