Adobe® Captivate® software helps you rapidly author a wide range of interactive eLearning and HTML5-based mLearning content.
You can easily:
- create product demos in high definition (HD), application simulations, and soft skills and compliance training;
- import Microsoft® PowerPoint slides and enrich with multimedia, interactive elements and quizzes; and
- deliver content to virtually any device, including iPads. *
*description taken from Adobe website.
Instructors use Captivate for a variety of tasks including:
- producing application simulations;
- easy quizzing;
- rapidly developing eLearning content development;
- providing tours of a course websites;
- providing an overview of a course syllabus;
- and delivering an online lecture online that contains video, audio, interactive elements and animations.
- Adobe Captivate 6 Showcase.
- Download and install the Adobe free trial (free registration for Adobe ID is required) to explore the Captivate software and determine if it’s the right tool for you. Before installation, review the system requirements on the download page.
- Walk through self-paced online learning materials on Captivate:
- Attend an OIT workshop on Captivate for Windows/Mac or request an individual consultation. Visit the OIT instructor-focused workshops page to view the schedule and to register.
- Adobe Captivate Blog
- Legal Music for Videos, a place to search for music published under Creative Commons’ copyright licenses.
- Creative Commons Search page offers convenient access to media sharing websites that may have content published under Creative Commons’ copyright licenses.