One Drive for Business is a place where you can store, sync, and share your files in a collaborative environment. It provides 1 TB storage allotment within your UTK Office 365 account. OneDrive for business is different from OneDrive, which is intended for personal storage use separate from your workplace.
You can do the following with OneDrive for Business:
- Store files online so they can be accessed from any Internet-connected device you use such as PC, Mac, Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android.
- Synchronize Office documents so that you are always working with the latest version no matter what device you are using.
- Edit your Office documents online using the Office Web Apps (PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word) available within Office 365.
- Create private, shared, and public folders.
- Make your files available to others by turning sharing functions on or off for specific files.
- Work within one Office document with others at the same time.
Course Planning and File Management
- Set shared permissions for who will have access to your stored content through OneDrive.
- Develop course materials, prepare lesson plans, presentations, and resources to access at any Internet available location on any device.
- Store audio and video large files and link from or to external sites such as Canvas with the “utk.edu” domain users or external users.
- Access instructor-led presentations and teaching resources anywhere when you need them.
- Store images and short lecture videos you can link to from Canvas.
- Share documents and files with no need to send large email attachments by sharing permissions who has access to your files.
- Collaborate with multiple people by editing the same document simultaneously or at different times.
- Use Microsoft Excel Survey that will automatically populate feedback into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Peer review journal articles.
- Use your OneNote digital note-taking app to organize, capture, and share your ideas.
Student Instructional Strategies
- Provide further reading, research, or learning activities.
- Project files such as presentations can be shared with others providing diverse viewpoints and feedback opportunities.
- Case studies can provide performance-based authentic assessment.
Access your OneDrive for Business
- Go to office365.utk.edu.
- Login with your UT email and UT NetID password.
- Select Office 365.
- Select OneDrive among the apps.
Learn basics about using OneDrive
- Preview Office 365 OneDrive for Business Usage Policy, at the OIT website.
- Watch Lynda.com course called OneDrive for Business Essential Training.
- Attend OIT workshops such as Cloud Storage Options at UTK and Office365 Overview.
You may use optional software if you need to synchronize across devices:
- OneDrive Help, Microsoft Office Support
- What is OneDrive for Business? Microsoft Office Support
- Read Share Documents or Folders in Office 365
- Read Collaborative Files Anywhere